The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

6 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Good list. (At least it is very similar to my list.) My only differences are

i) I think the "Russian factor" pushes Podzy out of the top 10. (Signed for the next two years in the KHL and, after that, who knows.)

ii) If Cozes is still available when the Canucks pick I think they jump at him.

Also, if things shape up as the list suggests with Newhook, Caufield, Broberg, Soderstrom and Seider all still available when the Canucks are due to pick (but Cozens gone)  I think there is a good chance they trade down a few spots to (I hope) get an extra second round pick.

Yeah this isn't my 'what I think will happen' list. It's my ranking of 'what I think should happen'. Agree he (foolishly) likely drops.

If he's still available at 10 and none of Turcotte/Zegras/Krebs are...I will be PISSED if we pass on him. Pod/Pettersson/Boeser starting in two years would be a RIDICULOUS line.

Not that Dach etc would be a huge 'downgrade' but his ceiling's higher IMO.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steviewonder20 said:

Team1040 reports an offer on the table from the Canucks to Colorado: JV and our 2020 1st for Tyson Barrie. Is that an overpayment?

There should be some contingency on TB signing an extension. With that being said I would do that trade. Barrie makes us so much better. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Team1040 reports an offer on the table from the Canucks to Colorado: JV and our 2020 1st for Tyson Barrie. Is that an overpayment?

Terms of an extension worked out and lottery protecting the pick and it's probably pretty fair value. Not sure I do it though but I have no idea how far or close we are from getting a Ristolainen, Miller etc either so it's tough to say.

Personally, I think Risto's the better target.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

No Barrie is 27, he might give you a few good years before his decline but a first round pick can give you a decade of hockey. 

• Upvote 1

Awful trade if true, Benning would sabotage a rebuild for a chance at squeaking into the playoffs. When will this team do things the right way? Even on draft day, when a team of our calibre should be excited, the team puts a dark cloud over fans heads. Trading picks is the last thing we should do, although Benning loves doing it. Bringing Chiarelli in? Can Aquilini just sell this team already. Poorly run from ownership down it seems. 

2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

The only player that I would want the Canucks to move up for is Byram (excluding Hughes and Kakko obviously). Otherwise, it seems to be such a mixed bag that they will get a great player at 10 no matter what.

I don't think he wants a great player. I think hes going for the best player in that tier and that's likely Turcotte (my pick) or Zegras

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

Awful trade if true, Benning would sabotage a rebuild for a chance at squeaking into the playoffs. When will this team do things the right way? Even on draft day, when a team of our calibre should be excited, the team puts a dark cloud over fans heads. Trading picks is the last thing we should do, although Benning loves doing it. Bringing Chiarelli in? Can Aquilini just sell this team already. Poorly run from ownership down it seems. 

Marv... Jeeze man.  Take it easy.  The sky is not falling.... Well not yet lol!  There's a lot going on.  Just wait and see what REALLY happens and then you can scream bloody murder. 

You start off with a reasonable opinion and then fly off the handle like the trade has already taken place... "When is JB going to get it right... Just sell the team already!"  Thats going from 0 to 100 before you're even in the car man!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Terms of an extension worked out and lottery protecting the pick and it's probably pretty fair value. Not sure I do it though but I have no idea how far or close we are from getting a Ristolainen, Miller etc either so it's tough to say.

Personally, I think Risto's the better target.

That is the package I would want to do for Risto or at least equivalent.  This would be a fall back plan but would make us better:

Edler Barrie

Hughes Myers

Joulevi Stecher

Hutton

thst would certainly be an upgrade but not exactly what I want to do.

8 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

Marv... Jeeze man.  Take it easy.  The sky is not falling.... Well not yet lol!  There's a lot going on.  Just wait and see what REALLY happens and then you can scream bloody murder. 

You start off with a reasonable opinion and then fly off the handle like the trade has already taken place... "When is JB going to get it right... Just sell the team already!"  Thats going from 0 to 100 before you're even in the car man!

Just knowing that JB needs this team to do drastically better or he loses his job I can see him making a dumb move, he's made lots haha. You're right though, the sky isn't falling yet. It just seems like he's gonna make more bad decisions this offseason to try and get 2 home playoff games. I'll let the day playout before I get too excited though. Got myself riled up with the hypothetical but you're right. 

Edit - And I've mentioned that I wish he would sell the team numerous times over the years, that's not based on this particular rumor haha

Edited by Marv-the-wet-bandit

5 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

@Prospects_Watch: Elliotte Friedman said on Sportsnet that he’s heard the Vancouver Canucks (No. 10) may be looking to swap picks and have talked to the Detroit Red Wings at No. 6 and Buffalo Sabres at No. 7. The Canucks are being very active.

They say the same crap every year but no one every (rarely) swaps picks lmao.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Marv-the-wet-bandit said:

Just knowing that JB needs this team to do drastically better or he loses his job I can see him making a dumb move, he's made lots haha. You're right though, the sky isn't falling yet. It just seems like he's gonna make more bad decisions this offseason to try and get 2 home playoff games. I'll let the day playout before I get too excited though. Got myself riled up with the hypothetical but you're right. 

I hope your concerns don't come true!... I hear yah though... I just hope he's learned from the past and doesn't feel he has to make a big splash at the expense of our future.

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

I've narrowed the only player I don't want down to Caufield.  Guy played on a great team, with plenty of super players.  Against NHL players, he will not score.  He's going to tear up the AHL though.  

what changed your mind on Zegras Alfie.. ;)

• Upvote 1