The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jay Beagle | #83 | C

-SN-

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

If this was the case, people wouldn't be against you. They would be agreeing with you.

some people don't have the ability to accept they are wrong and most of all CHANGE. they have been arguing for beagle for years, and their pride gets in the way.

beags is washed up and we wont win a cup with him in the lineup

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

some people don't have the ability to accept they are wrong and most of all CHANGE. they have been arguing for beagle for years, and their pride gets in the way.

Well then stop being that person.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

Thanks tips

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If this was the case, people wouldn't be against you. They would be agreeing with you.

you don't know how the internet works? there will be 80 people who will jump on your back before one person agrees with you. 

sorry, but thanks for playing .

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

you don't know how the internet works? there will be 80 people who will jump on your back before one person agrees with you. 

“Cant win a Stanley Cup with jay Beagle on your team”

hottest take of 2021 :lol:

2 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

Just because I'm 100% right doesn't mean you have to insult. ;)

Also, if you disagree with the above statement and think of me as a dick and naive and in my own world. You said the exact same thing earlier. Imagine what you think of the above statement. That's how people are viewing you right now.

1 minute ago, The Lock said:

Just because I'm 100% right doesn't mean you have to insult. ;)

Also, if you disagree with the above statement and think of me as a dick and naive and in my own world. You said the exact same thing earlier. Imagine what you think of the above statement. That's how people are viewing you right now.

yeah i think most of you are all old boomer clowns that cant accept change right now.

your attacking me because you all have sad ego's

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

yeah i think most of you are all old boomer clowns that cant accept change right now.

3 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

if i was on reddit, you all would be getting the flaming and not me.

Is this the "crowd control" you spoke of earlier?

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

I'm not even trying to attack you. More trying to show you the faults of your strategy here.

• Vintage 1

58 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Look at Danault these playoffs.

If a person were to do what people in here are doing....

1 goal, 3 assists, -1, in 21 games.

If they then also dismissed the fact of his team low 26.1% offensive zone starts - or how solid / outstanding he has been in the faceoff circle, taking dzone starts, penalty killing, etc ...

They'd get an entirely uniformed idea about how important he has been.

He may be the Habs best forward these playoffs.

Look what has happened -  ie to Suzuki - when he's trapped in dzone starts and opponents have managed to tee up on the Habs - burning them repeatedly after clean faceoff losses that wind up behind Carey Price. 

Suzuki otherwise has been very good - my point here is not to devalue him or underplay his 16 pts in 21 games (he's a young center and the Habs have a pair of them, not the easiest thing/exposure to manage in a Cup run) - but also extremely important for what he otherwise brings - however, the role that the Danault line has played would run under the radar of most people that don't really understand the game (and if it weren't spelled out for them by the broadcasts).

And inb4 someone bites into an irrelevent attempt to pretend this is a 'comparison' of Beagle to Danault - I am not making an 'equivalency' of these two players (Danault's role would be as comparable to Horvat's, or Sutter's) - the point here is that if you dismiss his zone starts, his hard minutes, his penalty killing, his faceoffs and look only at production (or corsi gaze him), you have entirely whiffed on one of the most important contributors in the Habs playoff run.

yup that's a great example. 

No one is arguing either that we should be looking at a 3x3 extension for Jay either. We have him for one more year, and if he's healthy he'll be just fine in a 4C role around 10-12 mins per night. If we make the playoffs I have no doubt he'd be an important part of that like he was last time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah because all of us think having beagle on the team automatically makes us think were going to win a cup in his final year here lmao

like i said he's washed up. its not a GOOD thing he's returning.

beagle has some pretty atrocious stats

10 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

im tired? maybe turn up your hearing aid. i'm not repeating myself

Maybe grow up and stop acting like a spoiled brat who got his cookies taken away.

You provide little to nothing in this thread. You're misplaced arrogance only masks the fact that you can't handle even the slightest critique of your opinions, and your plethora of ageist jokes and reactionary insults proves that you really have to work on your troll game. I don't have a hearing aid, so I'm not sure where you came up with that zinger. Maybe don't go looking for your comebacks in the bargain bin.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1