The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct. 16, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

Great road game good to see these guys come out & play some wanna win hockey , they came out swinging Pittsburgh looked like they were get’n dizzy in the 1st . Big difference from last season when Bo got hurt , they were playing good hockey , sit’n in a playoff spot , then it went instantly down hill . 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It means, obviously, you don't know what it means. You should try going to KFC for reference. 

#nicetry

I went to the Ruby, it was closed, KFC next door was also closed, Swiss Chalet was open a block down the road.

I've been to KFC, I don't think I need to go back

thanks

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

I went to the Ruby, it was closed, KFC next door was also closed, Swiss Chalet was open a block down the road.

thanks

Right, so we don't need Megna, Chaput, Stanton, Welsh, and all the other KFC placeholders I listed. See, you answered your own question but got mad at me. 

Apology accepted!

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Definitely! We went from KFC to Swiss Chalet of placeholders.

41 minutes ago, lmm said:

what does that even mean?

I went to Swiss Chalet for the first time yesterday.

39 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Case in point.  You're raising the quality bar :unsure:

26 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

It means, obviously, you don't know what it means. You should try going to KFC for reference. 

#nicetry

21 minutes ago, lmm said:

thanks

15 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Right, so we don't need Megna, Chaput, Stanton, Welsh, and all the other KFC placeholders I listed. See, you answered your own question but got mad at me. 

Apology accepted!

Oh man... &^@#ing seriously?

Like, sure, for overall menu and quality of food in Docs original metaphor.. Ya fine.. Whatevs

But popcorn chicken is &^@#ing awesome!

Swear to god, if I had the opportunity to dive into one of those ball pools full of popcorn chicken, in a speedo, I'd totally do it.

Generally a great game for Hutton... although he had a couple errors... but the tying goal was not on him... bad pass by Jake.

Nilsson is playing very well... not sure how long it will last, but hey, ride the hot hand.  B)

Bo/Baer/Boeser line is looking better every game... I really think Baertschi is the best forechecker on the Canucks.  The line could have had several goals in the first period.  And even though Boeser is still only at 60% of what he was last year, in the OT he shows why it only takes a moment for him to be lethal.

Excellent game by Schaller... some good hustle and lots of energy in the corners and behind the net.

Granlund had a great game filling in at center ice... made a lot of creative plays offensively and was solid defensively.

Sutter just keeps on doing his shutdown job, game in and game out...  and popping the occasional goal while he's at it.

Overall a good game... they let the Pens have the initiative the third period but managed to survive and get the two points.

Only bad thing... the chances of a high draft are diminishing...  but let the kids win and get some confidence... I predict they will fade down the stretch.

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Hutty was definitely "activated" tonight. It was nice to see him jumping up in the play again.

Activated? Wtf? Who talks like that? Say what you mean and mean what you say! Come on, lucky, you're better than locker room nicknames like Hutty. Put some thought into it like I did with the KFC/Swiss Chalet thing. ;)

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For sure. Guddy have him the space to do so. It was great seeing that assclown Malkin get stapled to the boards too. 

Dude, Malkin is awesome. I love big, strong centremen that can dangle, hit, shoot and everything else.. Drais has that kind of game too.

But seeing your opposition get pasted is always a bonus, no matter what.

But I digress, they played the way we all hoped they would last year. Guddy giving Ben the confidence to push up with the play while the big man stays at home. They weren't perfect, but they did look promising. 

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Imagine what's possibly after the first dozen or so games vs really good teams. We could run into some lower quality clubs and really start hitting our stride if we can run this moment. 

I'm not feeling super confident going into Winnipeg but each win slowly raises my confidence. It will be a tough game against a big and skilled team.

Winnipeg today reminds me of the cup winning kings. Hope we can at least eek out a point in the peg.

Winnipeg is going to be tough... they made the Oil look like Chumps.

Edit:  Holy Sh*t... Edmonton woke up and got 4...  :huh:

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Activated? Wtf? Who talks like that? Say what you mean and mean what you say! Come on, lucky, you're better than locker room nicknames like Hutty. Put some thought into it like I did with the KFC/Swiss Chalet thing. ;)

Lol

Some Lego-head referred to "activated defence" once and now I find it funny to write "activated" whenever a D man activates!

It's a thing those glued hair-doo's say. Which is why it's important to use "quotes".

I remember someone mentioning this in a game day thread once but don't remember who it was, but they said I expect more goals to be scored on goalies or a trend of more to be scored on goalies where the puck squeezes between the arm and the chest, because they don't have those humungous jerseys anymore to suck that puck in from going through, he said something like that. But I bring this up because I saw this happen twice tonight and I believe that poster is actually on to something, because the first goal scored on Nilsson today did this and the goal Brock scored in OT did the same thing. Players have been practicing for years to pick corners to score easier still not easy but best chance, but now they may want to change how they practice shooting and start aiming on a goalie near the arm and chest instead as well.

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lol

Some Lego-head referred to "activated defence" once and now I find it funny to write "activated" whenever a D man activates!

It's a thing those glued hair-doo's say. Which is why it's important to use "quotes".

Lol ... you know, I actually get that headspaceology.

Just giving you a hard time! 

I'm on activated defense. ;)

Archived