The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Rogers Arena 7pm Dec 6 2018

xereau

23 minutes ago, gameburn said:

It is true we do, but there are times when they seem to be keen on changing on the fly.  Also, I don't see much point in having Edler on the pp, and with 2 pps he sure to be on the ice at some point, often the first pp. 

Hutton looked ok in Edler's absence. Edler will have to do until Hughes or Joulevi are ready.

24 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Hutton struggled last season and patience has paid off this year, Pouliot is worth developing another year or two with his skill set.

Oh I see 

so with a bit more work he would have perfected the art of missing checks , making bad passes, and giving up the puck 

2 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

It's a slow and painful process developing young D. Starting over with a bunch of 19-20yr old projects would be more daunting.

News flash 

pouliot is what he is. He had had plenty of changes in Pittsburgh and with us. He is a bust 

speed and nothing to go with it 

Hey Newell Brown

your low board to low crease to slot play worked ONCE maybe you should stop making it your ONLY powerplay play? 

Here is an idea, Hutton fake to Brock’s side and a FEATHER over to EP for the first timer from the circle, Brock and Bo and JAKE, yes Jake in for the rebound in the unlikely case the first timer is not a goal 

you are welcome 

6 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I kind of agree. You don't build a team around Goldy. He's a skilled addition to the foundation.

Foundation (so far IMO) - Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Virtanen, Gaudette

I actually havn't seen much from Goldy that makes me think he could become a top 6 winger. Unless he cleans up that low percentage pass he forces to lose possession.

11 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Hey Newell Brown

your low board to low crease to slot play worked ONCE maybe you should stop making it your ONLY powerplay play? 

Here is an idea, Hutton fake to Brock’s side and a FEATHER over to EP for the first timer from the circle, Brock and Bo and JAKE, yes Jake in for the rebound in the unlikely case the first timer is not a goal 

you are welcome 

The PP and PK started well, but then got very average, then poor and now terrible. I know there were a lot of injuries, but I'm sure they can kill a penalty without Sutter. Newel Brown needs to go.

4 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/j/jonesse01.html

year 5 before Seth Jones started to dominate, I know none of our D have his ceiling but I figure that's the expected

development curve for D to really adjust to the NHL level.

Damn Straight NONE of our D is in the category of a Seth Jones. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The PP and PK started well, but then got very average, then poor and now terrible. I know there were a lot of injuries, but I'm sure they can kill a penalty without Sutter. Newel Brown needs to go.

Its almost like other teams have the ability to watch what we do, adjust, plan accordingly, and execute....  and that we do not.  This is what you get with amateur coaching.

Archived