The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Rogers Arena 7pm Dec 6 2018

xereau

2 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Bad penalties or Bad turnovers 

BFE8EDB3-616B-4BB5-9CAF-6E0593F47744.jpeg

At least MDZ hits.  Hard too.  And was actually jumping into the play often after his last benching.  There is a chasm in player ability and quality between these two guys, which is more an indictment on Pouliot as a player, and the team's assessment of his ability, than it is saying MDZ is a good enough NHL player, because he isn't.

Also, the Poo button should have a brown thumb print on it.  :bigblush:

33 minutes ago, gameburn said:

I'm curious: do you think our team would benefit from emphasizing one pp, perhaps only 1?  I say this because the "change of pps on the fly" and the way we split our personnel seems not to be working.  It's only 2 minutes, and usually the defenders are the ones who get tired.   We could use a "second pp" maybe to start very occasionally when the majority of the first pp was already on the ice prior to starting the pp.  I just think maybe things are getting too complicated. 

There are so few penalties per game now, maybe one unit and the occasional time out is enough? 

We already do emphasize PP1. PP2 is kind of a dog's breakfast.

Just now, luckylager said:

We already do emphasize PP1. PP2 is kind of a dog's breakfast.

It is true we do, but there are times when they seem to be keen on changing on the fly.  Also, I don't see much point in having Edler on the pp, and with 2 pps he sure to be on the ice at some point, often the first pp. 

6 minutes ago, gregthehockeynut said:

Hutton struggled last season and patience has paid off this year, Pouliot is worth developing another year or two with his skill set.

Paid off? Hutton is barely back to where he was in his rookie year and Poo is a waste of space. they need send him down to Utica and get anyone else

Archived