The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Value of Parayko?

shoeyj86

4 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

St.Louis wants to trade its players and St.Louis is missing 2 picks this coming draft - 1st round and 4th round. Suffice to say, a bottom-dweller team that is engaging in a fire-sale and is also missing 2 of the top 4 round drafts, is most likely either going to recoup draft picks or young prospects. 

A trade for Paryko makes sense, but realistically for all teams to get optimum value, it'd have to be a 3-way trade involving Tanev going somewhere and Paryko coming in.

for eg :
To TOR: Tanev ( 1.45M retained)

To Van: 2019 2nd R, 2019 4th R ( St.Louis's pick that Toronto has). 

To St.Louis:  2019 2nd R (Tor), 2019 4th R (St.Louis),  2020 1st R (Van)

To Van: Paryko.

We get what we want - Paryko.

Toronto gets what Toronto needs: a big upgrade on the defensive side of things, for a 3M price-tag for next 2 years

St.Louis gets what St.Louis probably wants - 3 picks. 

But such multi-way deals are a thing of the past practically, so i doubt we can make it work.

I have been on HF Board and the general consensus for Tanev is 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, and B type prospect

So if we can give Toronto Tanev at 50%

We get Parayko, Toronto's 2nd, and STL 4th

and St.Louis gets our 2020 1st, Toronto 2019 1st, Goldobin and the rights to Tryamkin

So, if everyone want to take that....I am good...………...but I doubt it

To van: parayko, schmaltz

to stl: demko, goldobin, gaudette, 1st pick 2019, 2nd pick 2020

Stl gets younger up front, promising goalie and 1st pick in 2019 which is something they don’t have. Buf owns it, so any deal that involves their big dogs will automatically include a 1st rounder this june

Edler-parayko

hutton-tanev 

del zotto-gudbranson 

schmaltz-stecher 

waive pouliot and biega 

tanev, Del zotto and edler could be traded to recoup the assets dealt in the parayko deal 

Parayko is gonna cost a pretty penny cause 15 teams are in the market for a right handed, pp quarterback top 4 dman at a decent age. The bidding war will be insane. 

Our 1st, Goldy and the rights to Tree.  They can take MDZ or Pouliot for free.... 

Big nope to moving Gaudette and a strong wish to keep Stecher.  The guy is a leader in the room.  

If this deal or another proposal for Pietrangelo I brought up on another page, consider this.  Tanev becomes movable and moving Tanev can either grab us another 1st or replace Goldy.  

Both Paryako and Pietrangelo fit huge team needs, our most glaring hole would be addressed and neither will come cheap.  

They play hard minutes and still produce.  Would be the type of partner to use with Hughes.  

Either d man would also move us further away from the 1st OA so the loss of our 1st wouldn't be as glaring.  

With EP40, Bo, Brock, Jake and Gaudette up front long term, maybe it's time to drastically improve our defence as long as we don't give up the following; EP40, Bo, Brock, Jake, Gaudette, Hughes, OJ, Woo, Demko and Dahlen.  

That's the new core and if we add a Paryako or Pietrangelo to that mix, damon straight, that is a fine bunch to build around.  

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd do Hutton + Gaudette + pick for Parayko straight up. I think he's getting grossly overated, Parayko is a big physical top-4 man but I don't see him scoring 40+ points unless he's on a contending team with a strong offence.

Not sure about that, in three seasons he’s scored 33,35,35 points and is on pace for close to 20 goals this year...he’s huge 6’6” 230 lbs, and plays behind Alex P (also a righty) so hasn’t seen his points boosted 10-30 points by a PP yet which ours could at least push him into 40-50 territory.   The ask will be Boeser or Horvat, but maybe picks and pieces would work too.  Hard to tell at this point but it looks like he’s the real deal and should only get better as he approaches his prime.

13 hours ago, 70seven said:

picks are off the table in Nuckland imo.

But this is our “Keith - Seabrook” opportunity, with Hughes - Parayko...

We don’t have the right mix of assets to compete with other bidders, as there’ll have to be some sexy components to land the big man. 

Juolevi + Gudbranson + Gaudette for Parayko

Parayko at the age of 25 still has some maturing to do, but should be a well rounded/all situational top 4 d for another 7ish years.  

The return for StLouis isn’t amazing by any means and most certainly get beat out by other bidders.  Don’t really want to give up on Gaudette or Juolevi but something close to resembling a 1st Round pick needs to be in the equation.  

Many would suggest to stay the coarse and develop our own, but an opportunity to set up our top pairing for the next decade...  just so tempting. 

STL won't trade Parayko without getting a 1st round pick. No high level young stud D men go without getting either a stud player in return or a 1st plus imo.  I highly doubt your offer would suffice.

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

STL won't trade Parayko without getting a 1st round pick. No high level young stud D men go without getting either a stud player in return or a 1st plus imo.  I highly doubt your offer would suffice.

Was RJ a stud?  He got back Jones.  

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Very much so, was coming off back to back 60+ point seasons (one of which was 70 points). 26 goals the year before being traded, 33 goals the year before that. Both teams got a great player outta that trade. 

I would much rather have Jones.  I guess that’s the Preds having a bunch of great D men, and being able to get a particular position (center) back for Jones.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I would much rather have Jones.  I guess that’s the Preds having a bunch of great D men, and being able to get a particular position (center) back for Jones.  

I mean, Vancouver yeah a Jones would be nice. But Nashville desperately needed a 1C. Johansen is a stud. People sleep on him. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Parayko have the offensive upside to be a Jones?  

No, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a stud worth a pretty penny in a trade. Lol. He has 4 years, 5.5 mil contract. On top of eating 22-23 minutes a game. On our team for instance I’d bet he very easily hits 40-50 points. 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

No, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t a stud worth a pretty penny in a trade. Lol. He has 4 years, 5.5 mil contract. On top of eating 22-23 minutes a game. On our team for instance I’d bet he very easily hits 40-50 points. 

I really like his confidence and leadership too.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I really like his confidence and leadership too.  

He doesn’t get as many looks/recognition cause he plays behind Pietrangelo. I think that’s one of the reasons St Louis wants to move Pietrangelo instead. They’ll get more value and Parayko could very likely fill Pietrangelo’s shoes no problem.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Which is what I said. 

Archived