The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luke Schenn | #2 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

+/- is a terrible stat without context. 

3 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Okay... Gudbranson has the worst turnover differential on the team which contributes to his brutal +/-.

I like the guy, and his efforts. But he's just not fast enough to maintain his spot on the team long term. 

+/- is a terrible stat but Gudbranson has also been very bad.

Edited by MrCanuck94
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I disagree, with the right partner he's very effective and we're still rebuilding and soft enough with him on the roster. You think teams run Markstrom now wait til we have zero threat...

Isn't that also another issue? He's only effective with certain players. Now I know that not everyone super dynamic, but I'm just not comfortable with him being the second highest paid defenseman in the organization playing a bottom-pairing role. Opposing players still run over Marky when he's on the ice since it's easier for the speedy players to get around him especially when he's caught off-foot and unable to recover (it has happened too many times this season). Guddy is more of a post-threat. Maybe if he can find another gear...

I feel like Luke Schenn can step in and do a better job but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MrCanuck94 said:

+/- is a terrible stat but Gudbranson has also been very bad.

+/- is a perfectly valid stat, but it needs context, like all more advanced stats. Same deal with Corsi and Fenwick.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Isn't that also another issue? He's only effective with certain players. Now I know that not everyone super dynamic, but I'm just not comfortable with him being the second highest paid defenseman in the organization playing a bottom-pairing role. Opposing players still run over Marky when he's on the ice since it's easier for the speedy players to get around him especially when he's caught off-foot and unable to recover (it has happened too many times this season). Guddy is more of a post-threat. Maybe if he can find another gear...

I feel like Luke Schenn can step in and do a better job but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lol Schenn is not an upgrade. At all. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lol Schenn is not an upgrade. At all. 

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Luke Schenn couldn't crack the Ducks defence, Del Zotto did and Del Zotto played beneath Gudbranson here.

Like I said laughable to consider him an upgrade over Gudbranson. 

Never said he was an upgrade. We don't know what we have in him yet. But sometimes a fresh start is all a player needs to get back into it.

Look at Del Zotto... He couldn't make it here, but a change of scenery and now he's a regular.

Edited by Green Goblin
Del Zotto
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

Never said he was an upgrade. We don't know what we have in him yet. But sometimes a fresh start is all a player needs to get back into it.

Look at Del Zotto... He couldn't make it here, but a change of scenery and now he's a regular.

Schenn is 29 and is what he is an ok 8th dman at best. 

7 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hope Schenn gets into a game soon, see what he can do...can't be much worse than what we put out on a nightly basis 

Yes, yes he can.

4 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

I like the guy, and his efforts. But he's just not fast enough to maintain his spot on the team long term. 

6 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

I'd rather have Luke Schenn in than Gudbranson's team worst +/- rating of -25... 

:lol:

Gudbranson is a WAY better skater than Schenn.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Green Goblin said:

Okay... Gudbranson has the worst turnover differential on the team which contributes to his brutal +/-.

No, no you don't ! You have him tied to a whipping post and the alpha male in you needs to have satisfaction.

35 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

lmao yeah okay...

I've never seen Gudbranson skate with the puck past the red line.

Gudbranson had about half a dozen o-zone moments last night. I think he may have ended up behind the NYI net on one rush. He had 4 official shots on goal, one which Lehner was lucky to keep out of the net. Perhaps you missed last night's game. Let me guess, you also 'like' Sutter, Eriksson, Tanev and Edler.

• Haha 2