The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luke Schenn | #2 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

Schenn moves way better than he was advertised.  He's heavy, hits, and plays a steady stay-at-home game.  Plays like a veteran who knows what he's supposed to do with the tools he's got in his toolbox.  Like him a lot. Would be 100% in favor of a two year contract at $1.25 million AAV.  Fact that he's a BC-boy is a bonus. Fact that he played his junior hockey in Kelowna is a bonus.

Edit: thanks to PhillyB and AJ for correction.

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Schenn moves way better than he was advertised.  He's heavy, hits, and plays a steady stay-at-home game.  Plays like a veteran who knows what he's supposed to do with the tools he's got in his toolbox.  Like him a lot. Would be 100% in favor of a two year contract at $1.25 million AAV.  Fact that he's a BC-boy is a bonus.

I’m reading that he’s from Saskatoon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Schenn moves way better than he was advertised.  He's heavy, hits, and plays a steady stay-at-home game.  Plays like a veteran who knows what he's supposed to do with the tools he's got in his toolbox.  Like him a lot. Would be 100% in favor of a two year contract at $1.25 million AAV.  Fact that he's a BC-boy is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m reading that he’s from Saskatoon. 

He's from Saskatoon, but he played his 3-year junior career for the Kelowna Rockets, so probably has some BC roots now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He's from Saskatoon, but he played his 3-year junior career for the Kelowna Rockets, so probably has some BC roots now.

Thanks for clarifying...I guess a simple search would have given me the answer.  Can we claim Luke Schenn as an adopted BC-boy?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Schenn is a keeper..  resurrecting his career in these last few games with us..

Correct me if I’m wrong , but it was concussion issues that declined his play for him to recluse to the Minors??

Seems to be above water and clear , consistent hockey from Luke.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. He’s definitely earned a spot here. He brings a consistent and heavy physical game. Makes solid outlet passes and punishes most players who try to crash the crease. With Gudbranson now a Penguin, Schenn provides the physical edge. 

Frankly, I’d be fine if only Edler, Stecher, and Schenn are the three players from this year that return for next season. Hoping to see Hughes and Juolevi get some playing time and see if Benning can trade for a solid top four player with skill and size. 

PB.. this Teves is looking like a young cross between Bieksa/ D Keith.. I’m impressed 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I like how the opposition forwards are aware when he's on the ice, I wouldn't mind seeing him re-signed as a 7th or 8th defenceman. Good depth player who knows his role and throws his weight around. I wish Guddy did what Shenn is doing more often, he probably would still be here. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. He’s definitely earned a spot here. He brings a consistent and heavy physical game. Makes solid outlet passes and punishes most players who try to crash the crease. With Gudbranson now a Penguin, Schenn provides the physical edge. 

Frankly, I’d be fine if only Edler, Stecher, and Schenn are the three players from this year that return for next season. Hoping to see Hughes and Juolevi get some playing time and see if Benning can trade for a solid top four player with skill and size. 

Schenn lives in Kelowna during the off season.  I would be fine with Stecher, Schenn and Hutton (if he can toughen up) being around come September.  Edler, not so much.  Too much money (buck) for the bang!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

He is playing the best we could have hoped.

a 2 year deal to be our 3rd pairing LD seems reasonable.

I think that Edler, Hutton and Hughes will be our LD next year. But Schenn would look good as our 3rd pairing RD. Which would work fine since that is the position he plays.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2