The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linus Karlsson | C

2 minutes ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

He might be a bit small to play that role in the NHL.  Is he right handed?

Yup.  He’s a little feller, who brings no offence.  Zero chance for an NHL career as a shutdown D role.  

7 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Utonen intrigues me  -  seems to be a sort of left handed Tanev.  I read about a month ago that he was second in the Finnish league in blocked shots 

More interested in Victor Person up in the Loop.  He’s more Tanev’s size and plays very defensively.  Watched their playoff games (Internet) and he’s very good.  Nothing flashy, but skates great.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

More interested in Victor Person up in the Loop.  He’s more Tanev’s size and plays very defensively.  Watched their playoff games (Internet) and he’s very good.  Nothing flashy, but skates great.  

Indeed - here's from Dobber a month ago ...

March 2022 – Persson is enjoying a strong debut North American season, contributing as a second-pairing defender on a strong Kamloops Blazers roster. With his swift mobility, and booming point shot serving as his top attributes, the 20-year-old has racked up 26 points on the year, firing at a 0.50 clip. As a right-shot defender, Persson sits in a strong position among the organizations pecking order and could see himself in Abbottsford as early as next season. For now, he has his sights set on a Memorial Cup run. Dave Hall

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Pretty thin looking forward group. A total of one guy who played consistent NHL minutes this season. Either way, congrats to Linus as it'll be good for him to get some reps playing with and against some elite level talent.

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Too bad Petey didn't go to the World Championships.  He could have played with Karlsson.  Instead he is hanging out in Florida at the Formula One Grand Prix...

Petey better be in tip top shape come training camp.  Even he said his fitness wasn’t where it needed to be when he showed up last season.  

• Upvote 1

Interesting to note that Linus is the 3rd youngest forward on the team.  Only a couple of full-time NHLers on that roster, but this tournament will have lots of NHL opposition.  

Canada's d-men: 

Thomas Chabot 

Ryan Graves 

Nick Holden 

Damon Severson 

Dysin Mayo 

Travis Sanheim 

Zack Whitecloud 

That blue-line would be among the best out of all the teams in the playoffs.  Canada's forward group is stacked as well.  

USA team is filled with every single guy that's a full-time NHLer.  

Our very own Juho Lammikko is on the Fin team although just liked the Swedes (KHL and SHL), Finland is mostly filled with KHL and Liiga players. 

I'm looking forward to the tournament. 

7 hours ago, austy said:

Henrik Tömmernes, he was a Canuck/comet wasn't he? Soderblum is an interesting player. Kinda cool project for such a late rounder, huge guy.

Yeah Tommernes was a 7th rounder in 2011. I wonder how/why he dropped out of the system, probably just not offered a contract I guess.

3 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Yeah Tommernes was a 7th rounder in 2011. I wonder how/why he dropped out of the system, probably just not offered a contract I guess.

Tommernes had a shot from the Canucks in Utica but never really distinguished himself till he stared playing in Switzerland - he made a big move productionwise this year. But he’s what, 30 or 31? It would be a big difference playing in the show.

• Thanks 1