The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The UCP Alberta Government - Threatens to Turn off Oil Taps

DonLever

2 minutes ago, gurn said:

Selling to one customer is not a good strategy, kind of why the Federal government is helping bail out Albertans by buying a pipeline to diversify the Albertan economy. Pretty good of those guys in the federal Liberal party, don't you think?

You are becoming the new kos. Canadian exports to the US are like 75% why don't your liberals diversify the Canadian economy? Selling to one customer is bad but that's what people like you want and protest for. Ottawa isn't bailing out Alberta... Ottawa makes money off royalties.

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You are becoming the new kos. Canadian exports to the US are like 75% why don't your liberals diversify the Canadian economy? Selling to one customer is bad but that's what people like you want and protest for. Ottawa isn't bailing out Alberta... Ottawa makes money off royalties.

People like me?   How incredibly judgemental; just when I was starting to like you.:rolleyes:

"why don't your liberals diversify the Canadian economy?"

didn't I just mention the Liberals bought a pipeline to help Alberta diversify,?  I'm pretty sure I did, maybe I did it on page 8, seems so long ago now.

• Haha 1

Just now, gurn said:

People like me?   How incredibly judgemental; just when I was starting to like you.:rolleyes:

"why don't your liberals diversify the Canadian economy?"

didn't I just mention the Liberals bought a pipeline to help Alberta diversify,?  I'm pretty sure I did, maybe I did it on page 8, seems so long ago now.

That's not why JT bought. Do your homework.

22 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Both you and @Jimmy McGill are incorrect. Alberta could now and in the future destroy BCs natural gas industry, Alberta could also impose taxes. Sure we would never get market value for our oil but we wouldn't have to pay Ottawa and all taxes would stay here not Ottawa. The US and Quebec bit is nonsense. Quebec is a have not province with higb taxes they could never make it.

The very fact you don't see how whining and threatening to separate unless you get your way is EXACTLY what Quebec keeps doing is funny.  The fact you don't think for a second the US would move in and take over if Alberta did is even more amusing.  it's like praying for Kenney to not screw up but deep down knowing what's coming and voting for him anyway.

As for destroy BCs LNG industry...how?  Most of our LNG is now coming from the NE sector of BC.  BC has some of the best offshore oil fields in the nation.  Alberta is a net importer of power from BC including the LNG used to heat homes and power facilities in oilseeds development.

Come on Strome, you're smarter than that

18 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Alberta is entirely dependent on oil, yet the NDP has pulled Alberta from a recession and set them on a path to national leadership for economic and employment growth by diversifying their economy.  How is that different than your requests for the Liberals to diversify the oil economy and why won't you credit the party with it?

Otherwise you're right, Ottawa stands to reap a huge net benefit for increasing it's oil markets which is why the rest of the country pitched in and bought a pipeline.

53 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The very fact you don't see how whining and threatening to separate unless you get your way is EXACTLY what Quebec keeps doing is funny.  The fact you don't think for a second the US would move in and take over if Alberta did is even more amusing.  it's like praying for Kenney to not screw up but deep down knowing what's coming and voting for him anyway.

As for destroy BCs LNG industry...how?  Most of our LNG is now coming from the NE sector of BC.  BC has some of the best offshore oil fields in the nation.  Alberta is a net importer of power from BC including the LNG used to heat homes and power facilities in oilseeds development.

Come on Strome, you're smarter than that

BC ships it's natural gas into Alberta. Alberta has a ton of natural gas so we could send the price tumbling. 

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

BC ships it's natural gas into Alberta. Alberta has a ton of natural gas so we could send the price tumbling. 

BC has a diversified economic base not wholly dependant on one resource.

That tumbles Alberta hurts far more than BC.  BC restricts LNG development slows more, heating your house becomes a nightmare etc etc etc

Who wins?

53 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

BC has a diversified economic base not wholly dependant on one resource.

That tumbles Alberta hurts far more than BC.  BC restricts LNG development slows more, heating your house becomes a nightmare etc etc etc

Who wins?

Nobody, but you suggested playing hard ball. You should like this from Kenney.

"To be blunt, I'm not going to take lessons from, I'm not going to let a billionaire president of major oil companies dictate to people how they live their lives," said Kenney in an interview on CBC's Power & Politics. "You have to fill up your tank, you have to heat your home. It's wrong to punish people for simply living normal lives."

Let me guess, this still won't be enough for some not to vote UCP.

I know its a whatbaoutism, but nothing Trudeau has done comes close to this kind of scandal. 

How in good conscience can anyone vote for Kenney, knowing what they know now about the leadership race? 

Fraudulent emails used to cast votes in UCP leadership race, CBC finds

Documents obtained by CBC News show email addresses fraudulently attached to Alberta's United Conservative Party (UCP) memberships were used to cast ballots in the party's leadership race, which Jason Kenney won in 2017.

There were virtually no safeguards against the practice.

CBC News surveyed a list of over 100,000 UCP members and their email addresses. From a sample of 49 addresses selected due to suspicious domains, 31 were used to cast votes in the leadership vote.

Those email addresses were cross-referenced with a list of people registered to vote in the leadership race and a list of those who actually voted. 

Former UCP MLA Prab Gill has alleged in a letter to the RCMP that the Kenney leadership campaign used fraudulent emails to intercept personal identification numbers needed to cast a ballot in the leadership race. Gill said those PINs, which should have been sent to individual members, were then used by the Kenney campaign to vote for Kenney.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ucp-leadership-voter-fraud-membership-lists-data-1.5091952

30 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Let me guess, this still won't be enough for some not to vote UCP.

I know its a whatbaoutism, but nothing Trudeau has done comes close to this kind of scandal. 

How in good conscience can anyone vote for Kenney, knowing what they know now about the leadership race? 

Fraudulent emails used to cast votes in UCP leadership race, CBC finds

Documents obtained by CBC News show email addresses fraudulently attached to Alberta's United Conservative Party (UCP) memberships were used to cast ballots in the party's leadership race, which Jason Kenney won in 2017.

There were virtually no safeguards against the practice.

CBC News surveyed a list of over 100,000 UCP members and their email addresses. From a sample of 49 addresses selected due to suspicious domains, 31 were used to cast votes in the leadership vote.

Those email addresses were cross-referenced with a list of people registered to vote in the leadership race and a list of those who actually voted. 

Former UCP MLA Prab Gill has alleged in a letter to the RCMP that the Kenney leadership campaign used fraudulent emails to intercept personal identification numbers needed to cast a ballot in the leadership race. Gill said those PINs, which should have been sent to individual members, were then used by the Kenney campaign to vote for Kenney.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ucp-leadership-voter-fraud-membership-lists-data-1.5091952

Doesn't matter they'll still vote for him.  It's sad.  They'll complain about how bad of a guy Trudeau is, claim CBC is bias and trying to sway an election and ignore the fact that kenney is far worse than Trudeau without question; or that this information is coming from the people involved int he scandal, the voters, the company that conducted the election method and the RCMP

It's really sad

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't matter they'll still vote for him.  It's sad.  They'll complain about how bad of a guy Trudeau is, claim CBC is bias and trying to sway an election and ignore the fact that kenney is far worse than Trudeau without question; or that this information is coming from the people involved int he scandal, the voters, the company that conducted the election method and the RCMP

It's really sad

I'm sure that this won't sway a certain poster.  Giving us shade for our "bias", but then goes all in defending Kenny and his voodoo economics laden platform.  All because the NDP are bad cause REASONS.

13 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'm sure that this won't sway a certain poster.  Giving us shade for our "bias", but then goes all in defending Kenny and his voodoo economics laden platform.  All because the NDP are bad cause REASONS.

It's not a certain poster that's the issue.  Politics are now tribal.  MY team or DIE and nothign will change that in people.

It's Edmonton and Calgary that you have to convince.  People are convinced that the NDP are the reason that business left, not the over hiring, the overpaying of employees at all but the NDP alone.  Easily lead people will believe easily disproven things because they need to believe otherwise

Without Calgary, without Edmonton the NDP is done

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

It's not a certain poster that's the issue.  Politics are now tribal.  MY team or DIE and nothign will change that in people.

It's Edmonton and Calgary that you have to convince.  People are convinced that the NDP are the reason that business left, not the over hiring, the overpaying of employees at all but the NDP alone.  Easily lead people will believe easily disproven things because they need to believe otherwise

Without Calgary, without Edmonton the NDP is done

The ndp will win Edmonton. They will badly lose in Calgary, Ceci was the only ndp mla in Calgary to have more votes than the Wildrose and PC combined. The ndp has no chance in rural Alberta as the farmers hate them. 

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

The ndp will win Edmonton. They will badly lose in Calgary, Ceci was the only ndp mla in Calgary to have more votes than the Wildrose and PC combined. The ndp has no chance in rural Alberta as the farmers hate them. 

OK serious question now.

Kenney has been effectively found out to have totally stolen the leadership.  It's almost inarguable now as the company that conducted the polling has spoken up as well as the major players who all have corroborating stories.

Does Kenney deserve to lead the UCP and thus Alberta?

I find it very very hard to believe the anti Trudeau province would stand and deride him over ethical, corruption issues yet turn around and actually vote in someone who is now blatantly guilty of serious electoral issues.  I know they will, but does he deserve it?

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

OK serious question now.

Kenney has been effectively found out to have totally stolen the leadership.  It's almost inarguable now as the company that conducted the polling has spoken up as well as the major players who all have corroborating stories.

I find it very very hard to believe the anti Trudeau province would stand and deride him over ethical, corruption issues yet turn around and actually vote in someone who is now blatantly guilty of serious electoral issues.  I know they will, but does he deserve it?

The response will be:

Do as I say, not as I do.  

That is how it will be reasoned by the Kenny marks.

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

OK serious question now.

Like I told you before I supported Jean in the leadership race. I wouldn't mind if the UCP won the election and then Kenney step down as leader.