The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDSF: (P1) Calgary Flames vs. (WC2) Colorado Avalanche | Avalanche win series 4-1

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 1  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2019 at 02:30 AM

4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Hate to say it but 18 year old has surpassed Jake for being an asset to your team. At least this last third of the season. Jake needs to grow up. 

Disagree entirely.

Virtanen outperformed Bennett this year, by most measures.

More goals

More hits

Harder minutes / lower ozone starts / better goals against metrics nevertheless

More takeaways, team best +24 turnover differential (Bennet -13)

A few assists, in more offensive minutes, don't really close the gap for Bennett.

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hes going to be a star player in a year or two. 

He's got this effortless acceleration. Looks like he's barely taking strides & all of a sudden he's gone. Sneaky yet super impressive speed.

He got caught on that play jumping up where Calgary got the penalty. You can tell (like Quinn his first few games) he needs to adjust to defending in the NHL, but I've been very impressed so far. Colorado's got a good one. 

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Disagree entirely.

Virtanen outperformed Bennett this year, by most measures.

More goals

More hits

Harder minutes / lower ozone starts / better goals against metrics nevertheless

More takeaways, team best +24 turnover differential (Bennet -13)

A few assists, in more offensive minutes, don't really close the gap for Bennett.

I thought Jake got off to a great start but a bad finish. Where 18 year old has finished well and is a factor in the playoffs. Jake floated through the end of the year. He very much struggles with consistency and has a ways to go. I'm not convinced Jake would be as effective in the playoffs right now as Bennett.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I thought Jake got off to a great start but a bad finish. Where 18 year old has finished well and is a factor in the playoffs. Jake floated through the end of the year. He very much struggles with consistency and has a ways to go. I'm not convinced Jake would be as effective in the playoffs right now as Bennett.

I am 100% sure he would be just as effective if not MORE. The playoffs is EXACTLY what Virtanen needs to succeed. He is big and fast enough to play competitive playoff hockey. When that energy and nastiness hits him, I truly believe he would unleash his inner beast. 

Just now, Dombrova22 said:

I am 100% sure he would be just as effective if not MORE. The playoffs is EXACTLY what Virtanen needs to succeed. He is big and fast enough to play competitive playoff hockey. When that energy and nastiness hits him, I truly believe he would unleash his inner beast. 

Yes big, yes fast. Not smart enough to know what to do with it, yet anyways. Playoffs are faster and you need to think quicker. Combine that with his inconsistent play and I cant agree with you.

Just now, oldnews said:

I'm not knocking Zadorov - but imagine this Avs club if they still have Ryan O'Reilly in that mix....

I have a friend who is a massive Avs fan he is almost 100% certain O’Reilly wanted out, O’Reilly’s own dad wrote a letter responding to a fan that the Avalanche do not consider the necessity of character in their negotiations. Looked like O’Reilly and the Avs were never going to see eye to eye on his value. 

Archived