The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vegan Firefighter Files Human Right Complaint Over Food Served

DonLever

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I don’t really care about this guy and his stupid meals but the irony of people complaining about complainers always gets me.

but now are you complaining about complainers, complaining about complainers? 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Not entirely.

I'm a total dick when it comes to some stuff.

Religion and other personal choices are things I couldn't care less about so long as the worshipers shut up about it. 

It's not my job to validate peoples crap. Be you, fine, I'm super cool with you being you, just don't &^@#ing bug me about my choices. 

Don't be preachy or even talk about "why", and we're good.

Totally agree with you about the burger BUT ... in telling people to shutup about what they believe you're doing what exactly? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Justdean10 said:

but now are you complaining about complainers, complaining about complainers? 

True.  I like to think I deserve a pardon for advocating an end to the whole vicious cycle but I’ll abide the court’s decision!

5 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Not an easy life to fight forest fires.  Cook the tofu he has brought and move on.  Instead we have this madness.

way to protect another homers rights  i say  give him a bbq pack and send him back to ontario 

5 hours ago, gurn said:

The employer knew his food requirements and sent him to B.C.

They messed up and will pay for it.

Next time there is a fire in a different province, don't send any vegans. 

I agreed with your post until this. Everyone was spoken to about meals and where they were going. This man puts his life on the line for others and I'm sure a majority in BC would welcome this firefighter back if a serious fire broke out.

As someone with severe food allergies that I've lived with my entire life, I understand this point of view. Some people will discriminate because of a dietary choice he made, but if you imagine someone in that situation to whom it was not a choice it would become a human rights issue rather than a laughing matter.

If I was being paid to do a job in a remote location, and I had specified my dietary restrictions that were promised to be accommodated... I would have starved relying on Tim Hortons for sustenance.

And to clarify, my food restrictions are entirely different than the ones mentioned in the article. But if I saw my food being contaminated, it wouldn't be a personal issue of "this chef doesn't care", it would be more along the lines of "I guess I'm skipping dinner tonight because I don't want to make a scene".

Allergy rant over,

8 hours ago, DonLever said:

The case centres on whether veganism is a form of creed – the definition of which was expanded by the Human Rights Tribunal in 2015 to include non-secular beliefs.

Wait, what?

Is this article really claiming that the definition of creed was expanded in 2015 to include “non-secular” beliefs?

Then what exactly was the HRTO’s pre-2015 definition of creed?

Secular beliefs only? 

:lol:

9 hours ago, luckylager said:

I

I do know this - most vegans are vegan so they can be pushy little nerds and tell everyone that they're vegan and morally superior to the rest of us who don't actually give a &^@#, and as a result want to punch them in the face.

youre wrong.  Also, if you tried to punch me Id break your jaw in half (10+ years amateur boxing, provincial tournaments etc.)

Yes, there are annoying vegans.  Also, you should care.  Our treatment of animals is horrifying- no person that believes in justice should ignore that simple fact.

3 hours ago, canuktravella said:

vegans are straight up losers  i cant stand political correct homers like our scumbag prime minister justin   barff. what a waste of our tax paying money 

and its loserslike you why the world drags its ass when it comes to change.  

Vegans amuse me. Not because i eat meat, because if we didnt eat meat as a race, this would happen......

cows and chickens let loose to breed. They eat all the crops. Predator species eat the cows and chickens. Humans cant do anything because they dont wanna hurt the poor animals. Humans starve and go extinct. Wolves and bears top the food chain. 

Lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Also, if you tried to punch me Id break your jaw in half (10+ years amateur boxing, provincial tournaments etc.)

Woah we got a certified tough guy on these forums.  Silly Goose, Breaker of Jaws with his impressive 10+ years of amateur boxing.  You guys better say nice things about those annoying vegans from now on. 

11 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Vegans amuse me. Not because i eat meat, because if we didnt eat meat as a race, this would happen......

cows and chickens let loose to breed. They eat all the crops. Predator species eat the cows and chickens. Humans cant do anything because they dont wanna hurt the poor animals. Humans starve and go extinct. Wolves and bears top the food chain. 

Lol

Exactly, not all of us wear capes but we're heroes through and through.