The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

15 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Four this week and I will just break tie and vote with the crowd on the other four today for a fifth vote...and we shall see in 4 or 5 hours what is what!

✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Vancouver @ Chicago

✓ ✓ ✓  Nashville @ Colorado 

✓ New Jersey @ Calgary ✓ ✓ ✓

Columbus @ Arizona ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ 

✓ ✓ Minnesota @ San Jose ✓ ✓

Well that is not what I expected! hahaha...we got one game right.

We started with "260" and won zero. We now have 234. Nine more weeks worth. ; )

my favourite demotivational poster..

Image result for none of us is as dumb as all of us

lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

It is a tough decision but I have decided to step down in my position as general manager of the Nashville Predators. 

I wish you all well. Best of luck in the playoffs.

I wish you the best of luck in your other games and absolutely hoping for your good health going forward in peace and happiness. Thank you for your efforts in support of the league and for your time as GM of the Nashville Predators.

For the EKL, we have suffered some very high attrition since our inaugural season. With two GM's withdrawal this past week we are down a total of 5 gm's. I won't be aiming to fill them in a huge rush all willy nilly, however I have already started to reach out and attract fresh Canucks fans and hockey enthusiasts to our ranks. I imagine in a few short weeks we will be at full strength, with luck and a bit of work. I have checked the VACANT teams for compliance with our rules and it seems they are all in good condition to continue to operate as a club for a little while without a GM.

Today everyone should have seen their roster moves reflected on Pickuphockey so please message me if something is amiss with your team. @Bombastik der Teutone Anthony Bitetto should show up tomorrow in your roster on Pickup backdated to the 2nd. 

Thank you all for your patience while i got up to speed on the mechanisms. 

GAME ON!

Hit the Ice - VHL the Official Video Hockey League (USA) Box Scan

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

At this moment we will need to see something a little more conclusive about the time Letang will miss. 

3.6 - Long-Term Injury Reserve

Any team that wishes to place an injured player on Long-Term Injury Reserve must include a valid source with their post proving that the player in question has suffered a serious injury. Sources include, but are not limited to: NHL, TSN, Sportsnet, etc.. Players on Long-Term Injury Reserve will not count towards a team’s total cap hit.

currently I see that rotoworld, for instance, doesn't know if he may be back for Saturday's game. Any supporting links would be appreciated if there is info on a timeline, and we will examine this again early tomorrow morning. Meantime anything says he will miss more than 2 weeks of NHL hockey would be an IR threshold for me with such a short entry in the CBA on the matter. I will search too tomorrow but if you find a better link that would help me to judge this one.

8 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

At this moment we will need to see something a little more conclusive about the time Letang will miss. 

currently I see that rotoworld, for instance, doesn't know if he may be back for Saturday's game. Any supporting links would be appreciated if there is info on a timeline, and we will examine this again early tomorrow morning. Meantime anything says he will miss more than 2 weeks of NHL hockey would be an IR threshold for me with such a short entry in the CBA on the matter. I will search too tomorrow but if you find a better link that would help me to judge this one.

I’m okay to wait but everything I read is week to week:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/players/playerpage/566030/kris-letang

• Upvote 1

Sorry gang, been majorly absent the past few weeks. Hoping to be around a bit more now that the silly busy times have levelled off.

The Sharks could probably use a bit of a shake-up, as we're hanging around the top-10 but have fallen off in recent weeks. We don't think we need major surgery, but could probably use some help in net and wuold consider some cosmetic changes around the edges.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I’m okay to wait but everything I read is week to week:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/players/playerpage/566030/kris-letang

K. Letang, D Nov 6, 2019 day-to-day Lower-body injury

As of this morning Letang will not be IR eligible however he can be as of whenever you post with new info. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:33 PM, Tylez said:

Signing.jpg.e0e4d69fd54d3d374c93cd6bc9ad7a12.jpg.b482cacc07d97db1555bab3373a8ddce.jpg

The IMG_0692.PNG.57b451044d01bab12ec7e3e913207d76.PNG @Kobayashi Maru have inked the following offer sheets:

Slater Koekkoek - 1 year x 0.950M

Roland McKeown - 2 years x 1.7M (0.850M AAV)

@SnapShot @Snapshot85 you have until Nov. 6 at 10:30 to match or receive no compensation for Koekkoek (sorry other snapshot, on mobile and wont let me remove)

@lethunder you have until Nov. 6 at 10:30 to match or receive no compensation for McKeown

Did Roland sign with us?  I may have missed it @Primal Optimist

11 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Did Roland sign with us?  I may have missed it @Primal Optimist

@Kobayashi Maru The BluesSTL.png.9a507ad8069003ce2aead4dac08c3755.png  @lethunder did not match the offer sheet and Roland McKeown's contract is in the ANAHEIM ANA.png.84d880c7c502b60e4f8fa0daf9318c01.png system as of the morning of the 7th of November. 

As Roland doesn't require waivers for another 70 games, you may assign him to the minors or the big club, but please designate his status when you get a chance, thank you for the reminder.

((Roland McKeown - 2 years x 1.7M (0.850M AAV)))

Hi guys I have a question about Slater Koekkoek offer sheet. 

He is still u der contract until the end of 19/20 .. he become a unrestricted free agent 20/21. How can he ink a offer sheet when hes still under contract until the end of the season? Also how can he be offer sheeted when hes becoming a ufa . Also how can the accepted offer sheet be for the same salary without increase. 

Thanks. I'm just looking to better understand a few points that confuse me. I looked in CBa first.

@Primal Optimist

• Upvote 1

On the topic of Offersheets: there remain some 11 players spread over 8 clubs who remain holdout RFA's that were given qualifying offers by their clubs. 

Going forward: if a player held out on his qualifying offer, lets say for 1m dollars for easy math. That player would not then sign an offer sheet for the same money or less money or for generally less than 1.15m after a month of missing paychecks. If there are any more offersheets this year, these principles will apply, FYI.

48 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Hi guys I have a question about Slater Koekkoek offer sheet. 

He is still u der contract until the end of 19/20 .. he become a unrestricted free agent 20/21. How can he ink a offer sheet when hes still under contract until the end of the season? Also how can he be offer sheeted when hes becoming a ufa . Also how can the accepted offer sheet be for the same salary without increase. 

Thanks. I'm just looking to better understand a few points that confuse me. I looked in CBa first.

@Primal Optimist

Good Question and I will investigate this promptly. I was unaware he was under contract at the time of being offer sheeted. My understanding currently is that the offer was matched. But I should have an answer inside the hour. 

Also how can the accepted offer sheet be for the same salary without increase.

This was my question a week ago which has led to these events up to today. I think the matter is resolved now. 

EDIT: IN our inaugural draft Slater Koekkoek was drafted by Montreal in the 23rd round 695th overall. In our 18-19 season Koekkoek made 865 thousand dollars, I think, as our salaries in year one were literally lifted from existing AAV at  CapFriendly website. There is a chance that he had no contract when drafted and one was negotiated under the previous executive team, but I have no record of that being the case. What I believe is that he was an RFA that was qualified but didn't sign.

The executive did see the player sign an offer sheet that was matched by the club recently, therefore I determine that the contract as matched will stand as correct. (*I have posted just above to give guidance on offersheets going forward which I think will resolve any further issues. It is the preference of the league NOT to void any previously posted moves and so I trust this answer adequately satisfies your question? The total of three offersheets that were signed have now all been dealt with. Only one player was successfully claimed, and the original team had a full week to do so with notice and with a highly decorated veteran GM at the helm. I believe that the three cases have been justly resolved, yet I welcome private messages to carry on the convo if anyone affected wishes more info. 

28 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

@Kobayashi Maru The BluesSTL.png.9a507ad8069003ce2aead4dac08c3755.png  @lethunder did not match the offer sheet and Roland McKeown's contract is in the ANAHEIM ANA.png.84d880c7c502b60e4f8fa0daf9318c01.png system as of the morning of the 7th of November. 

As Roland doesn't require waivers for another 70 games, you may assign him to the minors or the big club, but please designate his status when you get a chance, thank you for the reminder.

((Roland McKeown - 2 years x 1.7M (0.850M AAV)))

Yes please keep him with the San Diego Gulls of the AHL.  Thanks @Primal Optimist

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Good Question and I will investigate this promptly. I was unaware he was under contract at the time of being offer sheeted. My understanding currently is that the offer was matched. But I should have an answer inside the hour. 

My mistake if that was the case.  I went off the RFA list on the FA sheet.  If so, my offersheet would be null and void.

22 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

My mistake if that was the case.  I went off the RFA list on the FA sheet.  If so, my offersheet would be null and void.

I see, those are guidance sheets and not an official part of the game, to clarify. Some had asked for lists at some point and Tylez went above and beyond in trying to create them. As I have yet to have any applications to join the executive, and with the work load in keeping things running smooth it is unlikely that those extra guide sheets will be maintained. 

My best advice is to search the team sheets on the google document for the players last name, and if you don't find him try the first name and see if he is the property of a club on the only official list: the EKL Spreadsheets document. Thanks

To search a google doc click EDIT in the top left corner of the page and then select "Find and Replace" type in a last name, or a first name and search the whole doc in one click with "find". I suggest trying it both ways as small typo errors will ruin your search. 

• Upvote 1