The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2019/2020 -[4 GM Positions Available]

Relyt Krets

EKL league announcement: 

Folks, 

AndreWankenobi had previously let Tylez and I know in Late October that he was resigning his team, the Ottawa Senators and leaving the EKL. He had let us delay the announcement for a few weeks while the Sens ownership group found a new GM that will help to build Ottawa into the contender that it has been set up to become. 

@AndreWanKenobi Thank you for your time as GM of the Sens, if you regain an interest in Fantasy keeper League Hockey, drop us a line sometime. Turnover in fantasy hockey of this depth and stature will always happen year to year, and real life is important for those that become busy, you are always welcome to apply any time you feel you have some free time back and want to lace em up again!

Please join me in welcoming   @Brock Botanen as the new GM of the Ottawa Senators!!!!!

Brock has an interest in the Vancouver Canucks and can be found commenting, generating content and socializing on the Canucks Talk pages of canucks.com, our hosts. He looked over all five vacant clubs and opted for the Sens. ; )

Welcome, grab a seat and prepare to Hit The Ice, some of these guys take no prisoners!

Image result for Hit the Ice

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

Looking to trade Hischier, Lundqvist, Steen, and/or Pettersson (not Elias lol)

Note that with a new GM, we will see a window of time wherein all of us can see this, and can attempt to work out a deal, however the league will not begin to look at any trade calls for these or other Sens players for a few days minimum, to allow maximum viewership of what is on offer. This is one means to ensure a fair chance for all clubs to put in their best offers while players are on the market.

Lately I have noticed that the 'lowballing out of the gate' tactic is not likely to get a counter offer these days. When a GM gets a good handful of offers, usually they tend to negotiate with the best one or two and drop the rest...just a heads up for everyone that this is  trend that is going on in a lot of leagues I am active in, so if you want a player best to make your first offer your best offer, or risk missing out. (this happened a few times in the past month so heads up)

Trade.png.d8275b583130413d3973ac6afdcba898.png

To @D-Money @Monty MIN.png.f5070f042918622a3a38f14c5a439b29.png: Matt Grzelcyk

To @janisahockeynut NJD.png.14a6827918bc7be68db098f2a3796f26.png : Melker Karlsson, MIN 4th 2020, NJD 4th 2021

@janisahockeynut you will have to make a spot for Melker to slot into but I see you have several waiver free forwards you can assign down. Melker will not be available for you to earn points tonight, but if you action this before noon tomorrow he will appear on your roster for tomorrow night. 

Changes should appear on Pickuphockey tomorrow. Thank you. This trade was vetted, logged, posted and updated all in one go right now, fyi. 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Everyone except Pettersson, Dahlin, and Hart are on the trade block, but I'm mainly just shopping my age 30+ guys. Looking for prospects + picks as I am going to try and build around the 3 guys listed above. Anyone looking to make a playoff push and are interested in anyone send me an offer. Also willing to take on expiring contracts for teams looking to shed cap.

Also am I only able to trade for picks in the next 2 drafts? 

Edited by Brock Botanen

Looking to shake things up and get younger (picks/prospects). Shoot me a message on here or discord if anyone interests you. Only player that is untouchable is Necas.  

Colorado Avalanche 2019/2020 Lines

small.png Erik Haula - small.png Vincent Trocheck - small.png Martin Necas 

small.png Zach Parise [A] - small.png Derek Stepan [A] - small.png Nikita Gusev 

small.png Conor Sheary - small.png Jean-Gabriel Pageau small.png Vinnie Hinostroza

small.png Tomas Nosek - small.png Nick Shore - small.png Richard Panik

small.png Carter Verhaeghe - Edmonton.png.c920f033a2b6ed5a5b96427e33848133.png Riley Sheahan

small.png Samuel Girard - small.png  Erik Karlsson [C]

small.png Nick Jensen - small.png Justin Schultz 

small.png Dylan DeMelo - small.png Trevor Van Riemsdyk

small.png Dustin Byfuglien

small.png Frederik Andersen

small.png Thomas Greiss

Edited by Gally

8 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

Also am I only able to trade for picks in the next 2 drafts? 

Yeah, that's a pretty standard rule in fantasy hockey leagues. Prevents GMs from going "all-in" to an extreme degree, then leaving the next guy with no picks for like, ever.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I noticed in the CBA I can request removal of NMC/NTC if I can provide 2 or 3 valid reasons.

1. Im a new manager of the team and i am looking at rebuilding.

2. Players better suited for a team trying to make a push

If not, where can I find the list of teams my players will accept a trade to?

Thanks in advance!

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Brock Botanen said:

I noticed in the CBA I can request removal of NMC/NTC if I can provide 2 or 3 valid reasons.

1. Im a new manager of the team and i am looking at rebuilding.

2. Players better suited for a team trying to make a push

If not, where can I find the list of teams my players will accept a trade to?

Thanks in advance!

Not how that works....

Msg @Primal Optimist for your lists 

Edited by Tylez
  • Thanks 2