The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

On 6/25/2019 at 8:55 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

I agree with you on the Flames. And I got news for you, buddy. The Flames are phasing out those uniforms and gradually making a return to their classic 80's set

There are actually no plans in the works to make the retros their full-time set.  Management, for whatever reason, love the current look.

- traditional block font and a crest that boldly utilizes the team name in the city initial. That uniform has the complete package. Put that against the Canucks look and it's day and night, not counting the classic striping and colour schemes on both jerseys.

The Flames use a letter to represent their city and fire to represent their namesake.  The Canucks use a letter to represent their namesake, an Orca to represent the city, an art style to represent the west coast and ice to represent sport.  Seems to me like the Canucks have the more clever logo ;)

I'll boldly state that our new uniforms are better than the Flames overrated retro look.  Better colours, better striping, more contrast and a more interesting logo set.  Hell, the only times the Flames ever looked good was between 2003 and 2007...

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, morgo said:

There are actually no plans in the works to make the retros their full-time set.  Management, for whatever reason, love the current look.

The Flames use a letter to represent their city and fire to represent their namesake.  The Canucks use a letter to represent their namesake, an Orca to represent the city, an art style to represent the west coast and ice to represent sport.  Seems to me like the Canucks have the more clever logo ;)

I'll boldly state that our new uniforms are better than the Flames overrated retro look.  Better colours, better striping, more contrast and a more interesting logo set.  Hell, the only times the Flames ever looked good was between 2003 and 2007...

Agree with most of this, though I do like the Flames 80’s jersey. They should go back to them full time, though 03-07 was a close second for me. 

21 hours ago, morgo said:

It appears that most hockey fans would disagree with you. The Flames' classic look came in at #16. The Orca is such a poor representation of the Canucks' identity that it didn't even make the list of Canucks choices when the NHL did their fan polls on the 25 Greatest NHL uniforms. 

Screenshot_20190627-194053_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190627-194102_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190627-194120_Samsung Internet.jpg

19 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

It appears that most hockey fans would disagree with you. The Flames' classic look came in at #16. The Orca is such a poor representation of the Canucks' identity that it didn't even make the list of Canucks choices when the NHL did their fan polls on the 25 Greatest NHL uniforms. 

If you are using this as proof that the orca doesn't represent the Canucks properly, then you are also saying the that skate and the stick-in-the-rink are also poor representations of the Canucks identity since those weren't on the list either.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the Johnny Canuck wouldn't make it on that list had we used it at some point since similar jerseys (like Buffalo's head they used at one point) tend to give fans nightmares. lol

You know what? At this point the orca's our identity no matter what you or I or anyone else thinks. If you want to complain about it for the next 10 or 20 years that's your call, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Let's wear our ugly jerseys loud and proud. ;)

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

If you are using this as proof that the orca doesn't represent the Canucks properly, then you are also saying the that skate and the stick-in-the-rink are also poor representations of the Canucks identity since those weren't on the list either.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the Johnny Canuck wouldn't make it on that list had we used it at some point since similar jerseys (like Buffalo's head they used at one point) tend to give fans nightmares. lol

You know what? At this point the orca's our identity no matter what you or I or anyone else thinks. If you want to complain about it for the next 10 or 20 years that's your call, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Let's wear our ugly jerseys loud and proud. ;)

The mid 70's away blue Stick in Rink, the away black Flying V and the home white Skate were the only Canucks choices. It speaks enormous volumes when the Orca was left out. Some teams had 4 choices. The buffalo head wasn't included in the Sabres' choices either. 

If the original home white Stick in Rink with the white V's on the arms were included, it would have made the Top 25.

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

The mid 70's away blue Stick in Rink, the away black Flying V and the home white Skate were the only Canucks choices. It speaks enormous volumes when the Orca was left out. Some teams had 4 choices. The buffalo head wasn't included in the Sabres' choices either. 

If the original home white Stick in Rink with the white V's on the arms were included, it would have made the Top 25.

Well if the Orca was left out then the poll was biased to begin with and I'd honestly take it with a grain of salt at that point. All that tells me is someone made a bad poll and I wonder what other logos were left out from other teams. A good poll would provide fans with every possibility to choose from. This clearly isn't a good poll. lol

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Cause popularity and good-taste go hand in hand oh so often :rolleyes:.  That 25 Greatest NHL Uniform poll was a joke.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

12 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

All because your lil' orca didn't make the list. That's a pity.:(

What does it say about the three logos that were included and actually had the opportunity for votes?

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

I don't know if it would have made the top 25 BUT I agree that they are a great jersey.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2019 at 9:29 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

All because your lil' orca didn't make the list. That's a pity.:(

Either did any logo you keep cheerleading for.

You keep posting these obscure polls no ones ever seen.  But the polls that happen here, on you know,  the actual fan site for the Vancouver Canucks,  you keep saying dont count.  Makes a lot of sense.

Not a single poll you've posted have I,  or anyone else here seen.  Since none of us Canucks fans were able to cast a vote THOSE polls dont count.

Edited by CanuckGAME
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, SynysterGates said:

These are growing on me the more I see them.

dafbd6d.jpg

Screenshot_20190624-230707_Reddit.jpg

Screenshot_20190624-230941_Samsung Internet.jpg

UGLY! Looks more like a military uniform than a hockey uniform! The new green the Canukleheads have gone with make it look like an army uniform. Nuff said. I sure as hell won't be buying anything in the new rebrand that they have done and I hope their sales in this new rebrand sells POORLY! The 50 looks like it says SO! And the stick in the rink is crooked! Garbage! No thought process went in to their rebrand! Clueless marketing team and ownership! All they care about is one's dollars and cents!

maxresdefault (3).jpg

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
  • Wat 4