Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

JC should have been used on an alternate third jersey! End of story

Management clearly thought otherwise.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Fin wearing the new home jersey, but old pants. 

That looks beautiful with the full gear (even if the pants are wrong).  Anyone who says that's a bad uniform needs to get a grip.

14 minutes ago, morgo said:

That looks beautiful with the full gear (even if the pants are wrong).  Anyone who says that's a bad uniform needs to get a grip.

The marketing and management are CLUELESS! That's why! Brain dead! The logo sucks! Reminds one of the DORCA BAY, Messier, Keenan days which was an absolute failure. Stick in rink would've done fine as a primary along with JC as an alternate!

gallery_9055_267_3366149.jpg

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

The marketing and management are CLUELESS! That's why! Brain dead! The logo sucks! Reminds one of the DORCA BAY, Messier, Keenan days which was an absolute failure. Stick in rink would've done fine as a primary along with JC as an alternate!

gallery_9055_267_3366149.jpg

I get it!  I think you need to dress up in all of your JC regalia and take some selfies!  And post them in Twilight Sparkles 'post your face' thread.  We can visit you there... 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, morgo said:

I honestly thought the Vancouver word mark complimented the orca quite nicely the way it shaped over the top of the orca added character to the jersey, it let it be known that we were the VANCOUVER canucks. I am an avid orca hater from day one but the jerseys were growing on me because of the word mark... not so much anymore. I wish we just stuck with the stick n rink forever. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Grape said:

Thanks lol, I've been asleep the past 2 months regarding Canucks news.

The "V" and "C" were actually an intentional part of the stick-in-rink design back when the original logo was created in 1970.  The modern version of the stick in rink accentuates the "V" by putting making the stick more vertical.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

...too bad?

Your precious lumberjack is overrated anyways.

2 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Am i the only one that thinks the orca crest on the new jerseys seem a little too big?? Maybe i need to see it in person but watching the draft it seemed a bit oversized.

Agreed. Same goes for the 50th patch. 

• Upvote 1

I was at the draft here on Friday. The new uniforms are horrendous. They look more military like than anything else! Especially the green. The 50 looks like it says SO!!! No thought process whatsoever went into a new and improved jersey. Great marketing buy the team. Am done arguing with all you other troll fans. I’d have been content with the stick in rink as the primary and JC as an alternate third jersey. The kids would have loved a JC jersey. Something new and different!

1FDCDA33-6684-41AA-8C7B-756620B6BA2B.jpeg

On 6/20/2019 at 10:50 PM, Rodishred said:

I get it!  I think you need to dress up in all of your JC regalia and take some selfies!  And post them in Twilight Sparkles 'post your face' thread.  We can visit you there... 

I proudly wear my JC jersey all the time! And get a lot of positive feedback on it whether locally or watching the Canucks on the road. In places like Las Vegas when I have gone to watch the Canucks play there the last 2 years I’ve had plenty of positive feedback from fellow nhl fans. They have even asked me as to why the club doesn’t put it on a jersey and have team wear and use it?  I rest my case. Believe team is making a big error not doing a jersey in it. The young kids would love a JC jersey. Later ✌️

BC4C9664-73B1-4EC8-A3A0-33ED82680DF3.jpeg

3B860E8A-7D30-4CA9-BB1B-CF13D58BE347.png