The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks reveal new jerseys for 50th season

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Yes but ironic all these SOLD OUT QUICKLY after the 2011 superskills so what does that tell you? Something new and different was needed!

original (1).jpg

Yet every time I go to a Canuck game Orca jerseys outnumber johnny canuck jerseys 100-1 minimum. So what does that tell you? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Yes but ironic all these SOLD OUT QUICKLY after the 2011 superskills so what does that tell you? Something new and different was needed!

There are those that love the hideous Flying V. What it tells me is there's some that like butt ugly.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/20/2019 at 12:07 PM, vancouverbucsfan said:

Looked pretty good to me at the 2011 superskills! And all the game worn jerseys SOLD OUT QUICKLY afterwards! Later haters!

original (1).jpg

That logo looks awful as a jersey crest, simply awful.  From its awkward shape to its muddy colour distribution to all the unnecessary lines & details that bring to mind the very worst of busy, 90's design. 

I am so thankful that my Canucks didn't fix what wasn't broken and made our previous jerseys even better.  My only hope now is that they win the Stanley Cup in the Orca so we can be rid of this debate once and for all.  I loathe Johnny Canuck.

Edited by morgo
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jovocop55 said:

Just got the 3rd jersey petterson and boeser..  kinda ugly but I got it for almost half price so I went for it.. 

Like I said earlier, they are like xmas ugly sweaters and old school hockey jersey combined.  Getting used it and will wear it proudly when nux come to the NY/NJ area.    

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CanuckGAME said:

Whos your favorite player?

I am not sure.  The safe bet would be Bo (only when hes gets the C).  I am too big to get a Pete Sweater.  I would like to go with the guy from Abby (Jake)  But I want see how he does this season.  Bo or Jake I guess. ::D

11 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I am thinking of getting a new sweater but I don't know who's number to put on it.  Any suggestions (I know I am going to catch it for a stupid question but its summer)?

put erickson on it. you will be unique

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I am thinking of getting a new sweater but I don't know who's number to put on it.  Any suggestions (I know I am going to catch it for a stupid question but its summer)?

I’m going Hughes #43, but only because I prefer Bobby Orr to Wayne Gretzky ;)

• Cheers 1

On 7/16/2019 at 11:35 PM, CanuckGAME said:

Dont need to do many tweaks to something that is basically perfect.

Keep cheerleading for your cartoon character though.  That's super imaginative.  A cartoon lumberjack.:rolleyes:

Yes and the Pittsburgh Penguin and the Annaheim Ducks logos look just as 'cartoonie"! Especially the goofie looking Donald Duck! Think the constipated looking orca the team currently wears is just as cartoonish. When someone says 'canuck' to you does a killer whale come to mind? Team needed something new and different as fan interest seems to be at an all time low currently. As a long time yearly 11 game ice pack holder I see lots of empty seats at most of the games. Something new and different like a JC jersey would have helped spark some interest and put much needed rear ends into them empty seats. Later. @Baggins please stick to watching your premier league english soccer!

canucks_johnny_canuck.png

1200px-Anaheim_Ducks.svg.png

4698_pittsburgh_penguins-jersey-2017.png

cut-1540918868.jpg

Ducks7-575x373.png

Ducks3-480x480.gif

Edited by vancouverbucsfan
picture added and some more content

7 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

When someone says 'canuck' to you does a killer whale come to mind?

You might have a point if the logo was killer-whale by itself but it's not.  The logo is a collegiate 'C' that happens to contain Orca imagery.  The team's namesake is represented by the letter, the city is represented by the Orca, the region is represented by the Haida Art Style and the sport is represented by the inclusion of the type of surface it's played on. 

The Montreal Canadiens logo, one of the longest lasting in the league, achieves just one of those four feats and in the exact same way.  But they should probably ditch it in favor of a cartoon francophone :rolleyes:.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Yes and the Pittsburgh Penguin and the Annaheim Ducks logos look just as 'cartoonie"! Especially the goofie looking Donald Duck! Think the constipated looking orca the team currently wears is just as cartoonish. When someone says 'canuck' to you does a killer whale come to mind? Team needed something new and different as fan interest seems to be at an all time low currently. As a long time yearly 11 game ice pack holder I see lots of empty seats at most of the games. Something new and different like a JC jersey would have helped spark some interest and put much needed rear ends into them empty seats. Later. @Baggins please stick to watching your premier league english soccer!

canucks_johnny_canuck.png

1200px-Anaheim_Ducks.svg.png

4698_pittsburgh_penguins-jersey-2017.png

cut-1540918868.jpg

Ducks7-575x373.png

Ducks3-480x480.gif

yes, it does, since for nearly the last 25 years the most prominent use of the word has been associated with one.  

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, vancouverbucsfan said:

Yes and the Pittsburgh Penguin and the Annaheim Ducks logos look just as 'cartoonie"! Especially the goofie looking Donald Duck! 

You seem to think we give a crap about what logo other teams use. We don't. We care about OUR logo.

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, morgo said:

You might have a point if the logo was killer-whale by itself but it's not.  The logo is a collegiate 'C' that happens to contain Orca imagery.  The team's namesake is represented by the letter, the city is represented by the Orca, the region is represented by the Haida Art Style and the sport is represented by the inclusion of the type of surface it's played on. 

The Montreal Canadiens logo, one of the longest lasting in the league, achieves just one of those four feats and in the exact same way.  But they should probably ditch it in favor of a cartoon francophone :rolleyes:.

ho hum

• Upvote 2