The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Erickson for shattenkirk

7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

At least LE can contribute on the PK in a defensive role.  There really isn't anywhere to hide a defensive liability like Shattenkirk.

If Shattenkirk ever committed to fitness and being in peak shape, he might be a player.  Guy does have skill.  He’s just always seemed a bit pudgy.  Kind of like the guy we just didn’t sign.  I already forgot his name.  Did it start with a P? 

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Shattenkirk ever committed to fitness and being in peak shape, he might be a player.  Guy does have skill.  He’s just always seemed a bit pudgy.  Kind of like the guy we just didn’t sign.  I already forgot his name.  Did it start with a P? 

Pudgiot? :ph34r:

To be honest, Shattenkirk, Neal, Lucic, Marleau, whoever.... getting something would be better than Eriksson sticking around. That's kind of where I'm at in thinking.

I hope it's not Lucic, but that's besides my point. lol

• Upvote 1

There is so much talk about Loui but any move would be a miracle frankly.  Look at it this way, why on earth would somebody trade for him?   The only reason that I can see is that a team may be shifting an even worse player.  Lucic?  Puhleeze.  Sweeten the deal with Puljujarvi and the Oilers have lost the deal big time.  It isn't happening.  A 2nd?  Maybe.  I think that either party swallows their medicine.  No deal.

all this attention on loui

and desire to move him on

as if he were somehow a difference maker, a negative one, on the team

he is a meh player.. just overpaid

will make little difference to the team either way

whether he stay or goes

his contract has no relevance till the last year

when he can simply be bought out

seems like people are frustrated with the team

and simply venting this all on loui

more energy really needs to be focused on the recent years of little attention being given

to improving the d grouping

our better d are too often injured

the rest are just so uninspiring in terms of what they bring

the team is presently not equipped to manage a transition from tanev/edler to the new incoming young talent

huges, joulevi, woo, etc

the team waited too long to draft d... while knowing they take longer to develop

the team needs mid age top flight healthy veteran help

when that is accomplished

feel free to whine more about loui

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Not sure it's the guy you're thinking of, but Kyle Wellwood always seemed like a player on your team with above average skill that could have benefited from some better off-season training and diet.

6 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Not sure it's the guy you're thinking of, but Kyle Wellwood always seemed like a player on your team with above average skill that could have benefited from some better off-season training and diet.

Pouliot.

---

Shattenkirk took a paycut to sign with NYR.  Tampa apparently offered him more but he wanted to be in that region.  He has a 10-team no trade list and with teams close to the cap who don't need to be on that list - he's probably unlikely to be heading back west.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

With the Rags Aquiring Trouba, shattenkirk could defs be on the outs. Maybe can’t do an Eriksson swap but I’m sure he could be had for cheap

The Trouba deal does make this interesting now. Say we retain 1 mill(ish) on Loui the blob?

Just treat Shatt as a 2 yr, 7 mill bridge to our rhD, like Woo & Tree

Wasn't intending to rhyme, but venture most would agree...

41 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The Trouba deal does make this interesting now. Say we retain 1 mill(ish) on Loui the blob?

Just treat Shatt as a 2 yr, 7 mill bridge to our rhD, like Woo & Tree

Wasn't intending to rhyme, but venture most would agree...

Yeah that’s exactly the way I see it. NYR saves a million per year to put towards Trouba and as bad as he is I’m sure Eriksson can crack their bottom 6. Maybe Canucks add a sweetener too, like a Goldobin or something?

• Upvote 2

I don't think NYR have any immediate concerns with the cap.. They would like rather wait out the 2 years of Shattenkirk rather than acquire 1 more year of Erickson.

They could toss 8million to Trouba and still have 10m left over to sign their 4-5 RFAs // UFAs in which they aren't going to cost much... Other than maybe Buchnevich but he'd prob be 4-5m or could be tossed a bridge deal to branch the Shattenkirk deal.

Now if they really wanted Panarin then I agree Shattenkirk likely has to go but they would indefinitely not be taking a LE contract back if that was the case.