The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jesse Puljujarvi requests trade

Just now, Alflives said:

Jake is an NHL player.  He's at worst a third line guy, who is very responsible defensively, and will contribute 15 to 25 goals.  Why would we trade Jake for a guy that looks like he's a bustaroo?  

Jake and 25 goals im not so sure, the idea is to move up in the draft and get an asset back. Poolparty is still very young.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Jake at 15 to 25 goals is likely where he sits for scoring each year.

Poolparty just had double hip surgery.  Plus, he needs to clear waivers to be sent down to the AHL.  Do we really want to give up a young proven valuable NHL player in Jake for a guy who has not proven anything, needs to clear waivers, and who just had double hip surgery?  

I guess "proven" and "valuable" are the key words here. Im not sure they apply to Jake but I hope im wrong

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Jake at 15 to 25 goals is likely where he sits for scoring each year.

Poolparty just had double hip surgery.  Plus, he needs to clear waivers to be sent down to the AHL.  Do we really want to give up a young proven valuable NHL player in Jake for a guy who has not proven anything, needs to clear waivers, and who just had double hip surgery?  

I agree. I see far more upside to Jake, who is still young. Maybe in the next year or two we see that meaner side. Plus if he puts up 40-45 points a year, that's a role we need. 

I'd do the Lucic deal if he were included, and then flip him+ for a defenseman.

Again, the only way I'd acquire him would be for cheap to package up for a more reliable positional fill. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jimmyking8888 said:

Puljujarvi  is definitely not a top 6 forward .  If he is a top 6 forward , you would think all the GMs in the league would be all over him right now.    Ken Holland just made it look like the player wants out.  Instead it is Edmonton who wants to get rid of him.    

True, but he’s still a very young reclamation project who is two years removed from being the 4th overall pick in one of the deepest drafts of recent memory.  

You hope that he becomes a top 6 guy in 2 years. 

I wouldnt trade Jake Virtanen for him, but Poolparty is still worth a 25th-40th overall pick in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

True, but he’s still a very young reclamation project who is two years removed from being the 4th overall pick in one of the deepest drafts of recent memory.  

You hope that he becomes a top 6 guy in 2 years. 

I wouldnt trade Jake Virtanen for him, but Poolparty is still worth a 25th-40th overall pick in my eyes. 

I'd say Poolparty is worth a second rounder.  He's like where Baer was when we got him.  He's needs waivers to go to the farm, and has some upside.  There is the catch Pool just had double hip surgery.  Maybe the guy has only 3rd round value?

What makes the most sense here is:

Lucic + Pullijarvi + 8

for 

Loui + Goldobin + 10

We eat a horrible contract with Lucic. Edmonton gets an RFA winger with potential, and a serviceable role third liner. Gets JB 2 spots up to grab his prize. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Lucic + Pullijarvi + 8

for 

Loui + Goldobin + 10

We eat a horrible contract with Lucic. Edmonton gets an RFA winger with potential, and a serviceable role third liner. Gets JB 2 spots up to grab his prize. 

That's actually not a bad trade! 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Lucic + Pullijarvi + 8

for 

Loui + Goldobin + 10

I don't think so, Lucic contract is horrible, really much worst than Eriksson. The only way we get Lucic is if Edmonton gives us their 8th pick and we give them only Eriksson. There is no way that the difference between Eriksson and Lucic is only going 2 spot up in the draft. Also Pullijarvi wants out, so his trade value is basically zero at this point because he is picking between either a trade or playing in Europe. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'd say Poolparty is worth a second rounder.  He's like where Baer was when we got him.  He's needs waivers to go to the farm, and has some upside.  There is the catch Pool just had double hip surgery.  Maybe the guy has only 3rd round value?

I’d only offer Goldie, maybe a 7th rounder

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Lucic + Pullijarvi + 8

for 

Loui + Goldobin + 10

*and their 2nd.

That said, pretty sure he's headed East, out of conference. Our one 'in' might be Lucic's NMC and possibly only willing to waive to VAN.

Edited by aGENT

Poolparty strikes me as being worse for us than Goldie and with a worse attitude as evidenced by his threat of going to Europe.

Unless if Edmonton's practically giving him to us, I really hope we don't go out of our way to get him.

And to anyone suggesting we trade Virtanen for him.... no, just no.... lol

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

I don't think so, Lucic contract is horrible, really much worst than Eriksson. The only way we get Lucic is if Edmonton gives us their 8th pick and we give them only Eriksson. There is no way that the difference between Eriksson and Lucic is only going 2 spot up in the draft. Also Pullijarvi wants out, so his trade value is basically zero at this point because he is picking between either a trade or playing in Europe. 

Lucic contract is worst because of the extra year, but I am almost certain that we’d get MUCH more utility out of the 2nd toughest guy in the league that was also top 10 in hits thrown last year.  

Louie was only useful on the PK last year. 

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

*and their 2nd.

That said, pretty sure he's headed East, out of conference. Our one 'in' might be Lucic's NMC and possibly only willing to waive to VAN.

Wouldn't that be fun -- Kesler Take II.  It would still have to be a very sweet (and lopsided) deal for me to want to take him on.  At all.  Holland would have to be desperate and out of options, but who knows.  We still have the Make Believes who are in similar cap trouble and have to make moves.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Wouldn't that be fun -- Kesler Take II.  It would still have to be a very sweet (and lopsided) deal for me to want to take him on.  At all.  Holland would have to be desperate and out of options, but who knows.  We still have the Make Believes who are in similar cap trouble and have to make moves.

And to some similar extent, Nashville, Tampa, Las Vegas etc. Jim just needs to stay patient like he was in Edler's negotiation B)

Next few weeks are shaping up to be very nice for us VAN fans ::D

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

And to some similar extent, Nashville, Tampa, Las Vegas etc. Jim just needs to stay patient like he was in Edler's negotiation B)

Next few weeks are shaping up to be very nice for us VAN fans ::D

Yes, if Jimbo can pull off a deal for a Risto/Barrie/Miller/etc. and thereby avoid a big long-term payout to Gardiner/Myers, we can re-allocate that to a top-6 forward.  Panarin may be a pipe dream, but there are plenty of other options out there, especially with cap-strapped teams and a likely lower-than-expected cap increase.  We're sitting in a good spot right now.

• Cheers 3

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Lucic contract is worst because of the extra year, but I am almost certain that we’d get MUCH more utility out of the 2nd toughest guy in the league that was also top 10 in hits thrown last year.  

Louie was only useful on the PK last year. 

Somebody is needed to be in the role of keeping an eye out for EP..   his injuries , head and knee last season could easily as been career ending or altering.

we have no one in this capacity.

Even to have Lucic ready to hop over the boards on the line (2nd) following Pettersens line is worth it...  but there is still a potential here for a “true home town boy” to bring his championship form to this club..  I’m pretty sure he has already stated that that would be the dream.

I’d try and find a way to send the Oilers Sutter and get puljujarvi back. Idk how you can make t work cap wise but that’s be the deal I’d try and make. I’ve heard rumours the oilers are looking for RH 3rd line C. 

Edit: some evidence for my proposal

Edited by The_Rocket
Add links to tweets