The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jesse Puljujarvi requests trade

7 hours ago, The Lock said:

Poolparty strikes me as being worse for us than Goldie and with a worse attitude as evidenced by his threat of going to Europe.

Unless if Edmonton's practically giving him to us, I really hope we don't go out of our way to get him.

And to anyone suggesting we trade Virtanen for him.... no, just no.... lol

I can't blame the guy for wanting to finally play for an NHL team.  It's shocking more guys haven't demanded to get out of that hellhole.

29 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I can't blame the guy for wanting to finally play for an NHL team.  It's shocking more guys haven't demanded to get out of that hellhole.

Except it's not like he hasn't had a chance yet. He's played 139 games over 3 seasons. Obviously, Edmonton's situation is not going to be ideal and I fully understand the impatience that may be building up with certain players on that team.

However, this kind of strikes me more of him being similar to someone like Nichushkin, who left Dallas despite putting up similar numbers. Prospects basically not getting their way and having some fit and threatening to bolt. Perhaps I'm being harsh on him, but I just can't agree with that sort of mentality.

Edited by The Lock

Just now, The Lock said:

Except it's not like he hasn't had a chance yet. He's played 139 games over 3 seasons. Obviously, Edmonton's situation is not going to be ideal and I fully understand the impatience that may be building up with certain players on that team.

However, this kind of strikes me more of him being similar to someone like Nichushkin, who left Dallas despite putting up similar numbers. Prospects basically not getting their way and having some fit and threatening to bolt.

Edmonton isn't an NHL team.  It's reasonable at this point for players to take their careers into their own hands.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Edmonton isn't an NHL team.  It's reasonable at this point for players to take their careers into their own hands.

They are an NHL team, they just like extra oil to make themselves more slippery in the standings. ;)

Proposal

To Edmonton:

2019 10th

Brandon Sutter right shot centre with Alberta roots. Helps with defence and leadership. Reasonable contract

To Vancouver 

2019 8th 

Jesse Puljujarvi 

Milan Lucic - Edmonton needs to have his contract gone

We can move Eriksson to another team

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Proposal

To Edmonton:

2019 10th

Brandon Sutter right shot centre with Alberta roots. Helps with defence and leadership. Reasonable contract

To Vancouver 

2019 8th 

Jesse Puljujarvi 

Benning:

Where do i sign bub

• Wat 2

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Proposal

To Edmonton:

2019 10th

To Vancouver 

2019 8th 

Jesse Puljujarvi 

I've thought sutter was a better candidate for a lucic trade for awhile, as a way to maximize the "sweetener" that edmonton would have to chip in.  

6 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Proposal

To Edmonton:

2019 10th

To Vancouver 

2019 8th 

Jesse Puljujarvi 

It’s not worth it. Pool party is a bustaroo.  So he has little to no value

Lucic can’t play anymore, and has a toxic contract.

We only trade picks for that, and give up Sutter too?  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Proposal

To Edmonton:

2019 10th

To Vancouver 

2019 8th 

Jesse Puljujarvi 

It is “possible” that we could move Eriksson to another team, but with the lower cap there will be a lot of teams trying to shed salary and not many takers.

Best case scenario is that we could trade Eriksson after July 1st bonus so there is an opportunity cost of not being able to make moves before then because we aren’t sure of having the cap space.

Sutter is a useful player and only slightly overpaid... maybe underpaid considering the Hayes money that went out and if that set the market.

We would need a bigger sweetener to take on Lucic without sending Eriksson that way. Like the 8OA and giving them our 2nd instead of just having them slide back two spots and probably getting the exact same player that would have been available at 8

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

TSN has stated GMs have asked and the consensus is a 2nd has been the asking price or starting point

I'd do that all day.

I was a massive Poolparty fan in his draft year. I wanted him in Vancouver so freaking badly...

It's tempting...

But at this stage, I think I'd rather pick up Puistola, Dorofeyev, or Grewe with that 2nd.

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

TSN has stated GMs have asked and the consensus is a 2nd has been the asking price or starting point

I'd do that all day.

Yup, for the raw potential if he can be pulled back in line. Considering a 2nd rounder has about 30% chance of making an impact in the NHL, I'd happily give our 2nd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year.

The draft is a gamble, have to hedge your bets. Puljujarvi is a lot more of a sure thing than any 2nd round pick in any draft.

• Upvote 1