The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Not much to report on Podkolzin and his line. Half way into the third and has seen only 3 shifts so far and all rather short ones too.  Larionov seems to be running his full four lines but using a lot of his fourth line and leading the charge is his young center Vasili Ponomaryov.

33 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

2nd period summary:

- Podkolzin hasn't done very much offensively on the stat sheet, but.........

This is my issue. Seems every single conversation starts with this, and has for a long stretch of time. It's not a small thing to me. Yes , it's great he brings something else to the table,  but he was drafted to be a point producer ontop of the " little things ". This needs to start changing in a big way for him to be what he was drafted to be.

Edited by cuporbust

Russia seems to be a little lacksadaiscal overall in this period. Not generating much offensively and allowing a lot of back and forth skating with Germany which is dangerous.

Not sure why they are taking a passive approach, should've continued pouring on the pressure. Germany is back in this game and looks to be swaying some of the momentum in their favor.

3 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

This is my issue. Seems every single conversation starts with this, and has for a long stretch of time. It's not a small thing to me. Yes , it's great he brings something else to the table,  but he was drafted to be a point producer ontop of the " little things ". This needs to start changing in a big way for him to be what he was drafted to be.

Are you watching the game?

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

If Joe Thornton played with Jay Beagle and Brandon Sutter I don't think he'd have as many assists as he gets. 

That's essentially what it looks like right now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2