The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nils Hoglander | #21 | LW

ItalianCanuck1

On 11/11/2019 at 11:43 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Elite scorers are often very selfish players, that's one reason they become elite scorers... they love having the puck on their stick near the goal and they feel they can beat anybody, they feel that they want to be the guy taking the shot because they are good at it... of course there are lots of selfish players that aren't elite scorers too... a pain to play with because they have an acute lack of self-perception.

True that. People are still yelling at Petey to be a more selfish player, and he’s tied for 10th in scoring. 

The early returns were really promising but he's seemed to have cooled down quite a bit. I'm really hoping he ends up being a really good player for us but I really wanted Nicholas Robertson at the draft. Of course he has to go to Toronto of all places. Similar in stature to Hoglander but almost a full year younger. Currently lighting up the OHL with 1.64 ppg average. Typically speaking if a player can keep up that pace that is 1st line material in the NHL.

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2019 at 12:43 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

Elite scorers are often very selfish players, that's one reason they become elite scorers... they love having the puck on their stick near the goal and they feel they can beat anybody, they feel that they want to be the guy taking the shot because they are good at it... of course there are lots of selfish players that aren't elite scorers too... a pain to play with because they have an acute lack of self-perception.

Yeah id be fine with an Elite scorer right now we have our bin filled with playmakers Miller, Pettersson, Horvat(ish). Give me a selfish goal scorer with a mean streak any day. We need mean and nasty right now in a bad way. Mean and nasty won the day in Dallas if you recall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, TGokou said:

The early returns were really promising but he's seemed to have cooled down quite a bit. I'm really hoping he ends up being a really good player for us but I really wanted Nicholas Robertson at the draft. Of course he has to go to Toronto of all places. Similar in stature to Hoglander but almost a full year younger. Currently lighting up the OHL with 1.64 ppg average. Typically speaking if a player can keep up that pace that is 1st line material in the NHL.

To be fair, Hogs did miss 5 games due to the suspension.  Also, he plays against adult males in Sweden's best pro league. 

• Like 3

On 11/14/2019 at 8:48 PM, TGokou said:

Toronto always plays up their recent picks.  This guy you mention is just another is a series of TO propaganda hypes that BUSTAROO.

Im shocked a TRUE Canuck’s fan would so easily be influenced by Loser Leaf’s propaganda.  How is Littleman doing?  Wasn’t he the next Salming?

Hogs and Podz will prove to be the best players in their respective rounds.  And Loser Leaf’s picks will bustaroo.   

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

Toronto always plays up their recent picks.  This guy you mention is just another is a series of TO propaganda hypes that BUSTAROO.

Im shocked a TRUE Canuck’s fan would so easily be influenced by Loser Leaf’s propaganda.  How is Littleman doing?  Wasn’t he the next Salming?

Hogs and Podz will prove to be the best players in their respective rounds.  And Loser Leaf’s picks will bustaroo.   

Nope I don't follow any of Toronto's articles. This is based on my own research. I really liked him before the draft and was hoping Canucks would draft him.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

At least you're good for a laugh sometimes lol. Im concerned for your mental health if you fully believe what you write haha.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:23 AM, GoldenAlien said:

Full 360 lacrosse move in traffic:

My Take on this.

yes I agree that it’s a selfish showboating move and that shouldn’t be done especially in a 1-1 game. Sure he should of passed to the left winger instead of becoming a circus act helicopter.

but this play shows confidence and quick in game thinking with hands and skill to pull it off. It’s not pregame or practice with no pressure, he did it in game...even tho it’s a nothing game there’s still the time and space pressure. Which makes that move vertically impossible to do. 

Also if you watch the Swed jr national team the team is horrible right now all the stars are gone. Hogs has setup so many teammates and theyre blown the easy plays.....all in all it was a nothing game just look at the huge crowd size. Nobody would of seen that play if he past to the winger and they went up 2-1.....did he piss off his teammates probably not.

I see a Player who has a lightning fast processing brain and skill that is at a high speed level. Would he try that move in the NHL hell no but he sees the Game at a slower speed then other guys so I see him having a great future ahead of him.

Hoglander and Gaudette future line will be fun to watch....just add a Third guy with size and fast Hockey IQ.

• Upvote 3

To be honest..... you see this stuff cause the kids bored.... he completly outclasses 99% of the competition around him.... he is almost always the best player on the ice. Hes a kid among men.... the fact he can pull off some of this stuff in a game in the shl is insane. 

If the game was faster ahl or nhl or he was playing against more guys his caliber you will see the show boating go away.... but he will always want the puck... want to be the guy...  that's a nhl player

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Dude's a maniac. Love this kid already!

Hoglander - Horvat - Virtanen

Baertschi - Gaudette - Leivo

Roussel - Beagle - Motte/MacEwen

I'd enjoy a bottom-3 lines looking about like this, as early as next season. Lots of youth, speed & attitude

If Leivo and Baertschi haven’t been upgraded on by next year, I’ll be pissed