The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Familiar names old faces

JRSJ

3 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Does it still taste the same?

I once made the mistake of trying one of those gum pieces when I was a kid (I was a kid in the early 2000s). Let's just say I learned my lesson.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Most of my old hockey cards ended up in the landfill....thanks mom.:P

lol exactly  and comic books and toys  , tho I did find a box with some cards in it when I moved out  a frigging goldmine lol I sold 20 cards for 3500 , 79 ,80  era cards

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

lol exactly  and comic books and toys  , tho I did find a box with some cards in it when I moved out  a frigging goldmine lol I sold 20 cards for 3500 , 79 ,80  era cards

Any notables? I have a bunch of cards from the late 70s

9 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I once made the mistake of trying one of those gum pieces when I was a kid (I was a kid in the early 2000s). Let's just say I learned my lesson.

I always thought it tasted like they just made one batch of gum back in the 50s and kept using the same supply over the decades.  They only stopped putting gum in hockey cards when they finally ran out.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, the grinder said:

gretzsky  messier borque coffey bure Lindros lemiux yzmerman  rookie cards and a few others , I sold them at the height of the hockey card prices  now you be lucky to get 700 bucks for them 

A mint Gretzky is worth a 250-400 thousand at auction but for anything less than a perfect condition card the market is maybe worth 1/2 of what it was.  I have a ton of 9 and 10 mint and near mint 7/8s cards from the 70s/80s and 90s that I recently priced out. My mom made me clean out my storage at her place last year where there were boxes of cards..

Some players didn't drop as much as others. There is a decent market still going on ebay.  Seems now is when people my age are buying again for nostalgia I guess. 

Edited by Gnarcore

12 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Yes, I used to chew that stuff, can't really call it gum...….

I was more like valve cover gasket

( no, I never chewed on valve cover gasket)

• Haha 1