The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I think the losing days are behind us guys!

Rate this topic

Gator

11 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

An unproven goalie who hasn’t shown very many GOOD let alone great games? He might be good one day in the NHl but that’s not this year.

An unproven goalie just won a cup this year, care to explain? Goalies are wild cards you never know when they can come into their own. Demko's stats as listed above are good considering our woes on D last year.. 

Edited by Boone Jenner
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Boone Jenner said:

An unproven goalie just won a cup this year, care to explain? Goalies are wild card's you never know when they can come into there own. Demko's stats as listed above are good considering our woes on D last year.. 

The irony here is that Demko is actually a far more proven goalie than Binnington.  

I see Demko winning the starting job from Marky within the first half of the season.  

• Upvote 1

no point in trying to figure lines at this point. A lot can happen between now and October.

But, I am confident that each move that JB makes is going to make this team stronger and better. I believe we are one top 4 D away from being in playoff contention strongly.

If JB can clear some dead weight cap space, we are going on a Joyous Ride folks.

I think we make the show and in the second round we will know where we need to upgrade for the following year. You heard it here first!

• Upvote 1

Winning = the sum of ALL OF ITS PARTS! Not 1 goalie, not 3 top forwards, not just a top PMD, not a just a sniper etc. etc. etc. 

23 guys must come together for 1 goal in mind and pretty much do everything in their power to get there. A few guys not on the same page and that could be it for your chances.

That's why character guys are so essential for success. They'll pretty much do anything to get to the final goal.

I agree with the OP the Canucks will have a much improved season and should make the playoffs.

But the idea of acquiring Lucic is a terrible one... he is even more of a boat anchor than Eriksson.  At least LE can play a role on the third line and the PK.  Lucic is in terminal freefall... he is not someone management wants to spend any money on.  His contract is poison.

Playoffs here we come. The Canucks have made significant changes since last year. The changes made late in the season and the off season have made the Canucks a much improved team. Good chance there will be another addition before the season starts. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, spur1 said:

Playoffs here we come. The Canucks have made significant changes since last year. The changes made late in the season and the off season have made the Canucks a much improved team. Good chance there will be another addition before the season starts. 

Please name the teams this team will surpass to get the wild card spot and a rough idea of why you think those teams will fail.

Please be serious about this thought. Or just admit you are a troll

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Please name the teams this team will surpass to get the wild card spot and a rough idea of why you think those teams will fail.

So you think he's a positive troll?  

Huh... that's a new concept for me.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

So you think he's a positive troll?  

Huh... that's a new concept for me.  

Called an astro surfer. And only positive for a one sided message. BOTS are getting pretty clever as well.

Someone who agrees despite all evidence and derails or ridicules posters who the master doesn't want detractors from a particular message. This being a Canucks owned and operated forum would have posters to do this kind of job.

Sort of like your response derails the question some what.

You see an astro surfer/bot will not have an answer because it takes time to look into competent reasons, so they will swamp the poster with ridiculous answers or distractions.

Who do the Canucks beat to make the playoffs, which teams do they pass by and a rough idea of why you think so?

3 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Called an astro surfer. And only positive for a one sided message. BOTS are getting pretty clever as well.

Someone who agrees despite all evidence and derails or ridicules posters who the master doesn't want detractors from a particular message. This being a Canucks owned and operated forum would have posters to do this kind of job.

Sort of like your response derails the question some what.

You see an astro surfer/bot will not have an answer because it takes time to look into competent reasons, so they will swamp the poster with ridiculous answers or distractions.

Who do the Canucks beat to make the playoffs, which teams do they pass by and a rough idea of why you think so?

Lol my bad man.  I'm not attacking you.  You are clearly more knowledgeable about trolling than I am.

In all honesty though, I don't think he was meaning to troll.  Some people are relentlessly positive.  I don't think it's necessary to rain on their parade.

2 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Firstly, I don't think you know what a troll is. 

Secondly, I can see Vegas falling right out of the playoffs. I can see Dallas falling. I can see Winnipeg taking a pretty significant drop, considering they're losing both Trouba and Meyers, and are going to have to pay Laine the moon. I expect Calgary to fall, as they overachieved last year. The west wasn't very good last season, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see a much different looking playoff picture next season.

Now look at our opening night roster from last year....

FORWARDS (13)

DEFENCEMEN (8)

GOALTENDERS (2)

This lineup, which is admittedly not very good, managed to fight for a playoff spot for most of the year. Now, let's compare that to what the roster will likely look like at the start of next season.

FORWARDS (13)

DEFENCEMEN (8)

GOALTENDERS (2)

Obviously a lot of this is assumption right now, but....

Forwards out....

-Loui Erikksson

-Markus Granlund

-Brendan Leipsic

-Tim Schaller 

Forwards in...

-JT Miller

-Tanner Pearson

-Josh Leivo 

-Adam Gaudette

I would consider group 2 a pretty significant upgrade.

Dmen out...

-Ben Hutton

-Derrick Pouliot

-Michael Del Zotto

-Eric Gudbranson

Dmen in...

-Tyler Meyers

-Quinn Hughes

-Luke Schenn

-Josh Teves

Again, a pretty significant upgrade.

Goaltenders out....

Anders Nilson

Goaltenders in...

Thatcher Demko

You get the idea. We're a much improved team from what we were at the start of last season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Lol my bad man.  I'm not attacking you.  You are clearly more knowledgeable about trolling than I am.

In all honesty though, I don't think he was meaning to troll.  Some people are relentlessly positive.  I don't think it's necessary to rain on their parade.

:gocan:Not an attack. Relentless positivity can be great but also bad. Why get better if "EVERYONE IS HAPPY". Relentless positivity can also be a sign of ......low *Q? or naivete. Just hate to see people suckered. 

Even though I do not owned the team the years of following do make one feel like they should owe something for the faithful and not transparent error messages.

Do you really believe that there was not one team that wanted a 2020 or 2021 first round pick? Or there was not one team that wanted cap relief even more than Tampa?

:gocan:Not an attack. Relentless positivity can be great but also bad. Why get better if "EVERYONE IS HAPPY". Relentless positivity can also be a sign of ......low *Q? or naivete. Just hate to see people suckered. 

Even though I do not owned the team the years of following do make one feel like they should owe something for the faithful and not transparent error messages.

Do you really believe that there was not one team that wanted a 2020 or 2021 first round pick? Or there was not one team that wanted cap relief even more than Tampa?

Hey I'm with you lol.  I hated the trade.

I think saying something along the lines of "just admit you're a troll" is a bit harsh however.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Firstly, I don't think you know what a troll is. 

Secondly, I can see Vegas falling right out of the playoffs. I can see Dallas falling. I can see Winnipeg taking a pretty significant drop, considering they're losing both Trouba and Meyers, and are going to have to pay Laine the moon. I expect Calgary to fall, as they overachieved last year. The west wasn't very good last season, and it wouldn't shock me at all to see a much different looking playoff picture next season.

Kudos on the response.

But who are the Canucks going to beat out your answer is appreciated but rather vague. There are other teams that were tied witht he Canucks for losses but are they probable to repeat? It is the 2020 draft so some teams may decide to tank to get the supply of really good NHLer's even if they don't feel they can get the #1 overall but might just go for a lottery pick like in 2014.

13 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Hey I'm with you lol.  I hated the trade.

I think saying something along the lines of "just admit you're a troll" is a bit harsh however.

He never answered did he/she. It wasn't a hard question to answer, why do you think so, give some reasoning?

Can't start a thread with that as a title it would be squashed immediately or sent to another forum that is would not fit into.

Just look at the titles of the threads here now, with all the discontent why do you think there isn't a fire Benning thread? Or why subjects are allowed to be repeated over and over again with different titles but same content?

39 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Kudos on the response.

But who are the Canucks going to beat out your answer is appreciated but rather vague. There are other teams that were tied witht he Canucks for losses but are they probable to repeat? It is the 2020 draft so some teams may decide to tank to get the supply of really good NHLer's even if they don't feel they can get the #1 overall but might just go for a lottery pick like in 2014.

To be specific, I'm thinking Vegas falls right out, and other than the Avs, who will probably go on to fight for the conference, I predict that we'll be the biggest riser in the conference. Whether that gets us in or not remains to be seen, but I can see us finishing with around 90-95 points next season, and with Vegas already taking a step back this last season, and likely taking another one next season as they scramble to get under the cap, I think we're primed to take their place.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Wat 1

He never answered did he/she. It wasn't a hard question to answer, why do you think so, give some reasoning?

Can't start a thread with that as a title it would be squashed immediately or sent to another forum that is would not fit into.

Just look at the titles of the threads here now, with all the discontent why do you think there isn't a fire Benning thread? Or why subjects are allowed to be repeated over and over again with different titles but same content?

I can only speak for myself of course but I tend to gravitate towards positive threads because I am hoping that someone is seeing something that I am not.  Times have been rough as a Canucks fan (no doubt you have noticed lol) and the negatives have been fairly obvious.

I believe there actually IS a "Fire Benning thread"  If I am not mistaken it's called "will this be the final nail in the coffin" or something close to that. Those threads just don't seem to get continuous activity. People are looking for hope imo.