The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nashville interested in Gaudette at the draft

2 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Interesting offer..is this kid as good as I've heard?

He's the reason why Poile felt comfortable trading Subban.  They see him in their top-4 next season.

"I probably would not have made this trade if Dante Fabbro hadn't signed with the Predators and hadn't played at the end of the year and played as well as he did," Poile said following the completion of the 2019 NHL Draft. "That gave me good confidence that our defense, led by our captain Roman Josi, [Mattias] Ekholm and [Ryan] Ellis, and now with Fabbro becoming a very good, young player that we could still have a good defense and trade somebody like P.K."

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

I think let Gaudette play a full 82 games this coming season, most on the wing with maybe 30% 3rd line center time depending on how he goes. He doesn't have to do much with Petey and Horvat taking a big bulk of center time, just play solid defensively. Then next season convert him to primarily 3C duties.

Young guys playing center is the hardest role in the game, Pettersson is one of the few who has adapted offensively and defensively but its taken even Horvat 3 seasons to play well defensively at the center spot.

6 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah I’m hoping the same thing for Sutter he does provide decent value if he can have a healthy season and who knows maybe Gaud is lights out this pre season. Tough to say

Well if Gaudette plays his way onto the lineup, then good for him and for the team, but that means he earned it on his own merit rather than believing he's more suited to develop at the NHL level with mentorship. As it stands right now for me, until I see him in preseason, he's Utica bound.

• Wat 1

7 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Lol... Oh really... Couldn't tell.  Seriously Bubbles, I was sure you were a full time troll... This is the first post I've seen if yours with any... I mean any positive perspective on any player on this team....

Third rule of trolling -- never troll with every single post or your cover will be blown.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Too early in Gaudettes career to consider anything or a trade. He still has huge upside and would like to see him play for another year or two with better line mates. Still so young and has shown great offensive ability at the college level....I consider him a big peice of the puzzle moving forward if he develops like we hope.

20 hours ago, 6string said:

Like Hirsch is saying Adam is NHL ready and its cost effecient too, time to move some baggage and make room for Gaudette!

yup, put him ahead of Sutter and Beagle...give the kid some minutes and talented line mates and let him create some offense.

Edited by CJ44
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Poile wanted Gaudette. Benning asked for Subban with cap retention. Poile said nope. Benning said fine.

Y'all welcome for the play by play of what likely happened.

Actually it was the other way around. Benning wanted Subban, Poile asked for Gaudette and Benning said &^@# that.