The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

6 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Could be. What I'm going by is that at the time of the draft (June 2021), a player with a NMC has to be protected. Ferland's NMC expires in July 2021 when a M-NTC becomes active. 

I suppose it's not too important a point, as Ferland will likely be one of the guys on the Canucks' protected list (based on the current roster).

regards,  G.

Funny I’ve seen things on the web about injury history with Ferland. The guys played 70 plus games every year the past 4 years. Am I missing something? Heck if the Canucks had half their roster hit 70 games that’s a good year. I mean that’s not saying much as the injuries we’ve had has been crazy but 4x 70 games! What am I missing here

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m finding that the only people whining about this signing are the same moronic blogger weasels like Grady Sas and Dmitri Filipovic who have no real understanding of the game and merely follow it from a statistical angle. 

My hair says "GM material"

Filipovic_Dimitri-300x300.jpg.c28d162d5005ddb767d3161fac6c1a55.jpg

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

man if he can find a way to move even 1/2 of Loui's salary this would be up there as one of the best ever in 50 years. 

Going back to the TDL:

In:

Pearson

JT Miller

Ferland

Myers

Benn

Out:

Gagner/Spooner

Hutton

Del Zotto/Schenn

Gudbranson 

2020 protected/2021 unprotected 1st rounder 

even with the 1st round pick going out, thats a hell of a change. Oh and Hughes. 

So Hughes was just an afterthought?  ^_^

He could literally be the second best addition to our team other than Petey since the Sedins…  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So Hughes was just an afterthought?  ^_^

He could literally be the second best addition to our team other than Petey since the Sedins…  

I was being ironical.

I'd love to see one more depth d tbh. Yeah I'm greedy. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

And Benn turned down the same deal from Montreal. Montreal....thats gotta sting for a few closet Habs fans on CDC.

Who knows how the team will do, but it was a hard team to face on most nights last year. All of the additions make this team a lot harder to deal with, if we can get some &^@#ing injury luck I like our playoff chances a lot. But regardless, I expect some entertaining hockey and at the end of the day thats what I'm here for. 

Good they can stay there.

• Haha 3