Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild re-sign Joel Eriksson Ek


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone who thinks we’re getting Goldobin signed for anything less than 1.5 mil are dreaming.

 

Unless the Canucks are prepared to offer him that much they better be looking at trade options.

Yup.  If Eriksson-Ek gets this kind of contract for putting up 14pts in 58 games last year, what would Goldobin's agent insist on for putting up 27pts in 63 games?  Also, Goldobin's AHL numbers are the same as Erkisson-Ek (both are a point per game players in the AHL)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mastaj said:

Yup.  If Eriksson-Ek gets this kind of contract for putting up 14pts in 58 games last year, what would Goldobin's agent insist on for putting up 27pts in 63 games?  Also, Goldobin's AHL numbers are the same as Erkisson-Ek (both are a point per game players in the AHL)

 

ErikssonEk's strength is his defensive game.  He didn't have a good start to the season but when Koivu went down with injury he stepped up into that shutdown role.  He played bottom-6 with no PP time but plays on the PK.  Goldobin was used in an offensive role.  

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mastaj said:

Yup.  If Eriksson-Ek gets this kind of contract for putting up 14pts in 58 games last year, what would Goldobin's agent insist on for putting up 27pts in 63 games?  Also, Goldobin's AHL numbers are the same as Erkisson-Ek (both are a point per game players in the AHL)

Tell Goldobin to play some defense, throw a couple hits a game and play some center and maybe he can ask for more.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, mll said:

 

ErikssonEk's strength is his defensive game.  He didn't have a good start to the season but when Koivu went down with injury he stepped up into that shutdown role.  He played bottom-6 with no PP time but plays on the PK.  Goldobin was used in an offensive role.  

 

Points get you more money than underlying numbers unless your name is Sutter.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone who thinks we’re getting Goldobin signed for anything less than 1.5 mil are dreaming.

 

Unless the Canucks are prepared to offer him that much they better be looking at trade options.

Hahahahaha, Goldobin is a fringe NHLer.  He probably won’t be on any team’s roster in the league come opening night.

  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Provost said:

Hahahahaha, Goldobin is a fringe NHLer.  He probably won’t be on any team’s roster in the league come opening night.

Not that funny.

 

Eriksson Ek is not an established NHLer either. If he can command that much this early so can Goldobin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Still think Boston making three picks in a row and not choosing Boeser, Barzal or Connor is funnier.

Add Chabot to that list too lol 

 

edit:  could you imagine the absolute meltdown CDC would have if that was the Canucks.... :frantic:

Edited by J-Dizzle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Still think Boston making three picks in a row and not choosing Boeser, Barzal or Connor is funnier.

 

30 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

Add Chabot to that list too lol 

 

edit:  could you imagine the absolute meltdown CDC would have if that was the Canucks.... :frantic:

They could have chosen the hometown boy though. I would have assumed that Boeser was sad not to be picked by Minnesota. Then again, maybe Eriksson Ek was BPA at the time.

 

Edit: https://thehockeywriters.com/joel-ek-eriksson-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/

 

Was supposed to be a late first/2nd rounder.

 

Given the players available, I think they reached a little too much for him.

Edited by Dazzle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone who thinks we’re getting Goldobin signed for anything less than 1.5 mil are dreaming.

 

Unless the Canucks are prepared to offer him that much they better be looking at trade options.

Minny, just my opinion, would not in their wildest dreams? Give us Ek for Goldobin.

 

And I would be thrilled if they did. Gaudette plus 15 or 20 lbs and a better shot.

 

Look up the YouTube of his first NHL goal. A worker bee goal. One Burrows or Kessler would have been known for when they were breaking in...

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Points get you more money than underlying numbers unless your name is Sutter.

Goldobins production was not that great considering deployment. Or alternate value to the team.

 

Goldobins primary goal should be a one way contract.  And to improve!

 

Skills, but has yet to put it together.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Minny, just my opinion, would not in their wildest dreams? Give us Ek for Goldobin.

 

And I would be thrilled if they did. Gaudette plus 15 or 20 lbs and a better shot.

 

Look up the YouTube of his first NHL goal. A worker bee goal. One Burrows or Kessler would have been known for when they were breaking in...

Goldobins production was not that great considering deployment. Or alternate value to the team.

 

Goldobins primary goal should be a one way contract.  And to improve!

 

Skills, but has yet to put it together.

Still comes down to production when comparing contracts. Yes Ek is a center but Goldobins point totals put him in the same range.

 

Funny how people were fine giving Leivo the same amount despite less points and also being a “fringe NHLer”

 

Most teams would take Goldobin and his potential over Leivo who is probably a good depth role player at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Anyone who thinks we’re getting Goldobin signed for anything less than 1.5 mil are dreaming.

 

Unless the Canucks are prepared to offer him that much they better be looking at trade options.

um? really ?

what leverage does goldy have ?

is he gonna sit out ?

he barely is on the team

he still has way too much to prove

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

more then goldy

he started out strong

and then cratered

 

leivo was much more consistent

 

The numbers are what matters in contract negotiations.

 

Leivo was traded for a career AHLer. That was his first consistent stretch of his career. Hardly a strong case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...