The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This made Top News on my CNN feed.

SilentSam

15 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

No TV news station can be categorized as "credible" to begin with. I didn't realize people still watched TV, or the news for that matter.

Stop watching that garbage for a while, then turn it on for a bit.  It's astounding -- they talk to you like you're a child, tell you what to believe, and blame you for the biggest "problems" in the world, most of which are completely made up.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 6string said:

CNN - The Most Trusted Name In Fake News.

Five corporations own over 90% of the media.

In 2013, Bezos secured a $600 million contract with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) on behalf of Amazon Web Services. He later bought the Washington Post....No collusion there lol.

Are you kidding me Fox News is the biggest bunch of BS and racist crap on this continent

• Haha 1

You know, for many years, everyone tuned in to CNN whenever there was a big new story, like 9/11, or the war in Iraq, or the major Tsunamis.  But as soon as it became obvious that they weren't going to let Trump get away with any of the gross exaggerations and outright lies that he was throwing out there (starting with his largest inaguration crowd ever) , those who support Trump started turning on CNN and calling them Fake News, etc.  Although it's true that CNN is relentless in exposing Trump for what he is and the extreme number of lies he commits, and would obviously like to see a Democrat win in 2020, it's for  good reason.  I don't like one-sidedness in new coverage either, but Trump is an extreme case and I would have to say that I fully support CNN for repeatedly calling him on his lies and unethical behaviour.  If they didn't do this, if they just went along with it like FOX News for example, where would be?  Is the society that Trump and his base would like to create really one that we would want to have as our norm?  I have to hope that the majority of North Americans haven't de-evolved to this degree.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sbriggs said:

Are you kidding me Fox News is the biggest bunch of BS and racist crap on this continent

I beleive Fox was recently bought out by Disney.

I haven't watched msm in over a decade, I am not interested in your ratings war. They are ALL corrupt and its beyond me how they are even on air.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 6string said:

I beleive Fox was recently bought out by Disney.

I haven't watched msm in over a decade, I am not interested in your ratings war. They are ALL corrupt and its beyond me how they are even on air.

agree they all suck, Fox just sucks the most

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 6string said:

Imagine the horror of thinking outside of the box.

Pay your cable or whatever you do for news, you're in a good place.

Thinking out of the box doesn't necessarily mean better especially if the people are worse. 

Unless you are implying that Info Wars or people spreading misleading information is better than CNN. 

7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

This.

@Warhippy @Ryan Strome @Jimmy McGill

Are my current news outlets 

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

And of course @RUPERTKBD

and I'm CDC's Mickey Rooney! Generally editorializing and mostly incoherent. 

Actually, that's a pretty balanced four people to get news from: left, centre left, centre right and right. I'll leave it to y'all to argue about who is who. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Actually, that's a pretty balanced four people to get news from: left, centre left, centre right and right. I'll leave it to y'all to argue about who is who. 

Oh and you too!

good stuff, you're like the weekend correspondent.

• Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Any volunteers for the attractive weather person?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Thinking out of the box doesn't necessarily mean better especially if the people are worse. 

Unless you are implying that Info Wars or people spreading misleading information is better than CNN. 

Infowars is mainstream lol. gawd.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

I imagine I'm on the left?:ph34r:

• Haha 2