The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Keto Thread

Roger Neilsons Towel

What ever happened calories in vs. calories out? All these diets - people over analyzing things. You can even eat garbage, as long as you burn more than you consume. It's the old construction site analogy. Aim for 500 less a day give or take and measure weekly. Like I said though, if you want to 'cut' like a body builder then that's a somewhat different story. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Russ said:

When I started, the first month I lacked some energy then one day it seemed like my body suddenly got a shot of addrenaline for the whole day and thats when I figure my body finally hit ketosis and started burning the fat as opposed to the carbs like it usually does.

Its funny I have heard of people who had all these problems all their lives going keto/carnivore and after a few months their body seemed to repair themselves once they got off the "american diet" of carbs.  I don't really have anything myself but people have sworn by the diets that its fixed things that doctors for years would prescribe and only minorly fix or temp fix their issues.  Don't know if theirs any hard evidence but I read it all the time.

Well one of the things that helps a lot of people is the Keto diet is very anti-inflammatory, that might be part of it there are a lot of other benefits also, but they don't really understand them all as of yet. 

• Like 1

This guy is amazing and has tonnes of researchers on his Podcast if you have a long drive and want to learn more I definitely recommend his podcasts.  best to skip forward about 12 or so as his first dozen or so are very short and don't offer that much info but they do become very informative.  Unfortunately he doesn't do much on youtube.

Edited by thrago
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, thrago said:

Well one of the things that helps a lot of people is the Keto diet is very anti-inflammatory, that might be part of it there are a lot of other benefits also, but they don't really understand them all as of yet. 

I was in pain almost every day before Keto. My pain levels have dropped substantially. Part of that is reduced weight on my muscles and joints but there are definitely anti-inflammatory benefits as well. I feel 10 years younger. 

• Upvote 3

Did a lot of reading up on the keto diet of late as planning to do a sober October and the diet for a month. I already keep my carbs to about 125g a day so dropping 75g will be challenge at first but not as hard as people who scarf down pasta and such. Haven't had pasta in a year....

Going to make bell pepper lasagna on day 1 :)

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

I was in pain almost every day before Keto. My pain levels have dropped substantially. Part of that is reduced weight on my muscles and joints but there are definitely anti-inflammatory benefits as well. I feel 10 years younger. 

I had degenerative disc disease in my lower back, it hurts much less since being keto, glad its helping you.

Edited by thrago
grammer
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Did a lot of reading up on the keto diet of late as planning to do a sober October and the diet for a month. I already keep my carbs to about 125g a day so dropping 75g will be challenge at first but not as hard as people who scarf down pasta and such. Haven't had pasta in a year....

That's awesome but unless your just trying to lose a few pounds you need a few months to see the health benefits.  BTW that Lasagna sounds amazing let me know how it turns out.

• Upvote 1

Just realizing the gravity of planning a day of meals with only 20g of carbs.... they’re absolutely everywhere. 

Not saying I can’t do it; I already minimize my carb intake because they make me feel gross. I’ll have to grab the wheel for every single meal. 

And learn how to cook...

Edited by Canorth
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, thrago said:

That's awesome but unless your just trying to lose a few pounds you need a few months to see the health benefits.  BTW that Lasagna sounds amazing let me know how it turns out.

Absolutely, it does take a while but if one is disciplined you'll see results.

3 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Good plan, it makes sense for most people to gradually lower their carbs instead of going to 20 g cold turkey. Less shock on the system that way.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, thrago said:

Losing 10 to 15 lbs is the goal. Will do a month and see how it goes and how I feel. I just can't give up beer and whisky forever but have cut WAY down on that this past year. 

I'll post some pics and the recipe here when it happens :) 

17 hours ago, thrago said:

If you watch anything please watch this!!!

For those who question if a high fat diet is harmful for you please watch this and do some research it will help you with your concerns. Like many other things in life we have been lied to for many years..........