The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers, Oct 2, 2019, 7 PM

Rate this topic

KyoNami

5 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

I will say 4-3 Edmonton takes it in shootout ( since we suck at shootouts every year )

Canucks won half of them - they got 6x 2pts in shootouts which was the highest mark in the league.  Not something necessarily replicable though.  Granlund was the Canucks most efficient shooter.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Hey my online fam of Canuck fans! It’s good to see you all back!

I cannot begin to say how excited I am for tomorrow!! That offseason felt sooooo long. And all the preseason Mumbo jumbo (my phone seriously tried to correct this to Mama Jamma... wtf??:blink:) is over! Woohoo! 

I find it cute how the Oilers think after changing the GM and coach and getting plugs like Neal and Granlund (sorry bud) will get them in the playoffs. Ahh...  the ignorance is delicious ^_^

Lets go Canucks!!

Don't think Oilers are really trying to get into the playoffs - it's always the objective but I don't think he built the roster for it.  In Detroit he was talking about building philosophy and was explaining that he wants to win a Cup and not just make the playoffs.  He was saying that you first need to find 3-4 franchise players / Hall of famers and build your depth.  He says the years where you are really bad you have to accumulate as many draft picks as you can and develop really well.  All their prospects seem to be back in the AHL to develop further.  He looks to be taking the long term view.  

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I wanna see McDavid get mad at the refs again. Thats usually pretty funny. Then on to Calgary to watch little Jonny shake his hands and wince a lot. Its going to be a good week. 

Kind of a weird first two weeks with only 2 games a week and both on Wednesdays and Saturdays!!

...but I am not complaining!