[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 02, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Pearson-Horvat-Miller

Ferland-Petey-Boeser

Baertschi-Gaudette-MacEwen

Leivo-Beagle-Sutter

This lineup is what I want. Will never happen, but god damn would it be 100x better than what our management group sees as a good bottom 6. 

Yep, I rather have 3 good scoring lines, at least a 3rd line with scoring capability than 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines. Our goal was to improve goal scoring this year and I feel our lineup tonight was not the best lineup we could have had. Sutter, Beagle and Motte should be the checking line that plays maybe 10 minutes max while we roll 3 lines equally.

• Upvote 1

Just now, StiffStick33 said:

Prob the worst game i’ve seen pette play. Almost broke his stick in frustration  in the third. Myers ran him over the next shift.

I've seen him play worse. He got some chances here and there. Not a good game by his standards obviously, but Smith stoned him a few times. 

The top line does need to get it's 5 v 5 game in order. Throughout the preseason and into tonight's game I don't think I've seen them the play much at all. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Virtanen#18 said:

Wait a few more games and if offense still runs dry, Baer to the rescue!!

I really dont know what the management was thinking. schaller, Eriksson and virtanen didnt show anything in preseason 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

IMO we were the better team for about the last 45 minutes. The Oilers capitalized on some brutal mistakes of ours, but outside of that, we were dominating the play. We just couldn't finish our plays.

Uh oh, isn’t this the same song we sing every year?

Just now, IRR said:

Let me get this right...the team needs to win every game / play perfect every game & every player needs to get a least 1 point every game / play perfect every game...am I fitting in here?! 

Jesus Christ, some of this fan base needs to go on meds!!! 

We lost. Losses deserved to be criticised.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

McDavid also blew by Tanev. Why aren't you pointing out how bad that play was by Tanev?

Hughes was at least able to get a stick on the puck on fastest player in the league after a turnover in the neutral zone and McDavid having momentum. 

Because Tanev literally did all he could to stop McDavid. Hughes was in a better position to stop McDavid and probably could've done more . You can't be serious if you think none of that was on Hughes.

If you think I'm biased against Hughes, I can tell you I've spent almost half a thousand dollars to watch Hughes play a couple dozens of times already at Michigan. I ordered a customizable jersey the second we drafted him. I just have higher expectations of him and I think that goal highlights something that's pretty reoccurring of him, the fact that he plays too passively sometimes and without urgency on the defensive end, kinda like Edler, who naturally is a good defender already.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, spook007 said:

How the f is that missed by all officials.... The throwing of the stick half way across the rink could be seen from half way across the globe.

The stick throw was after the goal was already scored haha. But the original call was a no brainer. Dove for his stick, grabbed it. Clearly hooked it out from him and you could see his hand holding it the entire time. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, IRR said:

Let me get this right...the team needs to win every game / play perfect every game & every player needs to get a least 1 point every game / play perfect every game...am I fitting in here?! 

Jesus Christ, some of this fan base needs to go on meds!!! 

umm, hello, we lost to the Oilers.

5 minutes ago, StiffStick33 said:

I think I would prefer Baer in for Ferland.

After one game lol. Don’t get me wrong I think it was a mistake to send down Baer but your pointing at the wrong guy 

Edited by Devron44