The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone care to tell me why the SABERS are playing so DARN GOOD ( Discussion )

Rate this topic

Snapshot85

Ok I know were 5 games in..... but there's something diffrent about Buffalo this year.... I watched them lately.... it's like they all finally decided to get it at the same time. They certainly are not lacking   the talent. 

Are they really this good? Or this a optical illusion? 

Cheers

*sabres not sabers

The new coach has brought a new attitude and new philosophy to the players.  Also the team has more than one good line this season so far.

Ristolainen has also remembered how to play defence so that's helping a lot as well.

*edit* I'm not confident in the goaltending though so that has a chance to catch up with them sooner or later.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

*sabres not sabers

The new coach has brought a new attitude and new philosophy to the players.  Also the team has more than one good line this season so far.

Ristolainen has also remembered how to play defence so that's helping a lot as well.

*edit* I'm not confident in the goaltending though so that has a chance to catch up with them sooner or later.

Krueger is a fantastic coach. When Edmonton was finishing last annually( Hall, Nuge, Yakupov... era) he had them playing just below .500 hockey.. which was a huge improvement... the the oilers bought into the Dallas Eakins hype out of Toronto and fired him in favour of Eakins and returned to the basement annually. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Krueger is a fantastic coach. When Edmonton was finishing last annually( Hall, Nuge, Yakupov... era) he had them playing just below .500 hockey.. which was a huge improvement... the the oilers bought into the Dallas Eakins hype out of Toronto and fired him in favour of Eakins and returned to the basement annually. 

And because of the quality franchise that Edmonton is, they fired him over Skype. :blink:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

Ok I know were 5 games in..... but there's something diffrent about Buffalo this year.... I watched them lately.... it's like they all finally decided to get it at the same time. They certainly are not lacking   the talent. 

Are they really this good? Or this a optical illusion? 

Cheers

I guess tanking has gotta pay some dividends at some point, no? They have a franchise forward in Eichel, a franchise D-man in Dahlin, second overall pick Sam Reinhart, 8th overall pick Ristolainen and Mittelstadt. 

23 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

They also did well to start the season last year. We'll see in January.

I'd imagine that we'll know well before January if the Sabres are for real this year.  Unlike last year, so far the scoring is coming from more than one line so if they can keep up with the secondary scoring, they'll likely do well enough to make it into the playoffs.  If not, teams will just shut down the top scoring line and they'll begin to decline.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I guess tanking has gotta pay some dividends at some point, no? They have a franchise forward in Eichel, a franchise D-man in Dahlin, second overall pick Sam Reinhart, 8th overall pick Ristolainen and Mittelstadt. 

Nice young core.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

I wanted us to sign Kruegar years ago.

The man is a fantastic coach

Agreed.

The Oilers bit the bait from CBC, TSN etc sales pitch on the "up and coming coach from the Marlies Dallas Eakins" that was delivered.

Fools!

Edited by 6string
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1