The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Struggles adapting? Did the Rangers trap? Have the Flyers trapped? Nope 

Other than Quinn have we had another coach even close to AV? 

Don't get me wrong AV was a good coach here. But he has always struggled to adapt and he does utilize the trap, he did here more so than Green and with better teams to work with. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Leivo missed 10 golden chances

Well he is good enough to get into those success areas.

Some players never get there.

Its still too early.  He and Gaudette have some give and go chemistry going on. Sutters working there too.

I hope CDC waits on calling for heads for a bit longer. Like 10 more games?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

As frustrating as it was that he thought every game should be won 1-0 , he is the winningest coach of all time in Canucks history.

I don't disagree but it was time to move on from him, wish him the best in Philly 

• Upvote 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Don't get me wrong AV was a good coach here. But he has always struggled to adapt and he does utilize the trap, he did here more so than Green and with better teams to work with. 

He took over a pretty bad Flyers team and has them looking solid 

He had to work with some weak roster Ranger teams as well 

I rarely found myself disagreeing with how he coached night after night whereas WD drove me nuts. green is better than WD but I truly feel that he is not the guy that will take us to the next level 

• Upvote 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

He took over a pretty bad Flyers team and has them looking solid 

He had to work with some weak roster Ranger teams as well 

I rarely found myself disagreeing with how he coached night after night whereas WD drove me nuts. green is better than WD but I truly feel that he is not the guy that will take us to the next level 

Agree on WD he was an ok transition coach. Disagree on Green just wait and you'll see. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I liked that we found a way to win a hockey game. First two periods were a bit of a chess match. I thought both teams were working hard and fighting for space on the ice. I liked our first two periods. It was a good hockey game... We were probably better in Edmonton than we were tonight. And when you let those ones slide, they're hard. I thought the first two periods were close hockey, and then they started to push. And that's a good hockey team over there. They can move... This game was one of those, we talked about it, a grinding chess match where every move, every inch mattered. If you're not good on the walls, it can be a long night for you." - Green

I felt shell shocked the way the Flyers came out at the start of the 3rd period, the Flyers are a good team and can really press.......where are my Tums?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

2 wins in a row for a team like that,  somewhere Doughty is poughting.

Yeah over two non Playoff teams one in a shootout, a team that travelled three countries. I’m sure he’s crying into his olympic gold medals and Norris trophy, and then maybe When he hears this stuff he plugs his ears with both cup rings.

dude you took that way too sensitively he meant a cup winning core shouldn’t lose 8-2, I get la finished ten points back but they still have their top goalie center and defensemen who won two cups and Vancouver in the last five years combined is dead last in the league coming into that game had scored two goals in two losses.

cant you look at it objectively. A shootout win over a tired team

who outshot us two to one isn’t going to make him cry man.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Wat 4

12 minutes ago, RJ Fletcher said:

I actually like the green stripes more now, but I can’t get over the abnormally wide white collar. 

The trend in college football and other sports pro n amatuer is no trimming colours, kinda like early 20'th century / no splash n flash!

• Like 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Interview Micheal Ferland next :lol:

that would be funny - frack - no overtime for me - can someone please post it when it's available, I'll watch in tomorrow.

I was so excited after the game on Wednesday I couldn't fall asleep until 2:00 AM & my alarm goes off at 6:00 am.  Thursday was a very long day but worth it. :towel::gocan:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Yeah over two no. Playoff teams one in a shootout, and the other team travelled three countries. I’m sure he’s crying into his olymoic medals and Norris trophy, and the. When he hears this stuff he plugs his ears with both cup rings.

dude you took that way too sensitively he meant a cup winning cote shouldn’t lose 8-2, I get la finished ten points back but they still have their top goalie center and defensemen who won two cups

and Vancouver in the last five years combined is dead last in the league coming into that game

had scored two goals in two losses.

who outshot is two to one isn’t going to make him cry man.

Dude, it was a joke. Lighten up!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Yeah over two no. Playoff teams one in a shootout, and the other team travelled three countries. I’m sure he’s crying into his olymoic medals and Norris trophy, and the. When he hears this stuff he plugs his ears with both cup rings.

dude you took that way too sensitively he meant a cup winning cote shouldn’t lose 8-2, I get la finished ten points back but they still have their top goalie center and defensemen who won two cups

and Vancouver in the last five years combined is dead last in the league coming into that game

had scored two goals in two losses.

who outshot is two to one isn’t going to make him cry man.

Blah blah blah

• Upvote 1