The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at St. Louis Blues | Oct. 17, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

What I truly loved was how they took it to them in 3 on 3.  Beast mode.  Blues barely got a whiff until the time wound down and they got desperate. 

But Petey was DETERMINED.  How hard he skates back and mucks up a play of theirs.  Blocks shots.  Quinn's a magical gnome.  I feel like Boes is in there like a dirty shirt.

Then Demko.  What we clearly lack in PP coaching we have in goaltender coaching.  Wow.

This team starts slow but maybe they just know how to pace themselves better than the other teams?  

King Leivo.   

The End.

Hahahaha Quinn the Magic Gnome! That’s hilarious. Love it, just like Mr. Benning has drafted them awww

6D3FF1D6-9898-4B37-A928-34A694D5697B.jpeg

• Haha 4

OT showed how much faster we are. They looked like they had a step a few times but just got tracked down by faster Canucks from behind. 

They are are big and block a lot of shots and no 3 on 3 in playoffs so I get it doesn’t hurt once you are in the show. But they won’t beat us 3-3 without a lucky bounce. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

First time since the 2010/11 team I felt confident we could come back from down 2 to win, in the third no less.  There's something special developing with this team and it's damn exciting!

Down two in the third against the Stanley cup champs and no Canuck fan or player was thinking we couldn’t. That’s a really good sign for the season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

And DiPietro was excellent winning his first AHL game in Utica. Silovs is having an excellent start. Life is tough.

He is a great great kid. He looked sharp too despite average numbers. He is going to be helpful here in Utica

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

I agree it’s not Leivo 

just how, where and when he is being used 

These days when you question something they label you as a hater or a phobe of sorts, it's the default currency for debate.

Edited by 6string

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

They look FAR too stationary...no movement.  Maybe swap places once or twice, but that's it.  

I don't know much about it (truth be told), but that's what it looks like to me.

Power play should mean "GO TIME" but it seems like too much "setting up"at times (which, in turn, allows the others guy to also do so).

What you see is what I get too. We have almost zero movement on PP which makes penalty killers' job too easy -- even on a 2-men advantage. 

Newell Brown should be canned last year.

• Upvote 4