The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Devils Oct 19 10 AM - European game of the week edition

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

6 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Never liked NJD. Introduced the trap and is responsible for the dead-puck era, made the game a lot less exciting to watch. I don’t like Scott Stevens, this guy spent his career ending other player’s careers, dirty player (I know this is controversial, but I don’t like players like Stevens). Also, their dumb draft lottery luck is next to Edmonton.

Scott Stevens was a beast, his hits were legal at that time. And had the rules change he's the type of player that would adapt to them.

Just now, WHL rocks said:

He's just a good player. Cheechoo was a one off Neal is a big body power forward who scored. 

Neal Nuge Chaisson make a good 2nd line. Good solid game last night..Tippet has them playing well.

Of course Neal is the better player. Both are benefiting from playing with elite players though.

And I don’t think anyone would have put money on Neal to score 40-50 (which could happen)

14 minutes ago, Kushman said:

Early games + new Jersey ALWAYS = SNOOZE FEST 

I have a lot of bad memories of New Jersey, almost as bad as Arizona (who injured 2 Canucks in one game.) NJ is just so weaselly.  Always get outplayed, always rely on a lucky shot block or a goalie.  And too defensive. And their GMs are insult to anyone who has ever worked for a living.  Everything about them...

4 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

My husband is driving so I can listen to the game ;) 

gotta check in on elderly parents but Dad will have the game on so I can watch the rest there ::D

will check in post game 

I totally get that.

Couldn't go to and sit with Gino at the Lions' game last night for the same (Dad) reasons.  xo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Lemaire is long gone from the Devils, but they still play the most boring hockey of all time.  Same as the Wild -- something about him seems to permanently stain franchises.

It will take a generation or two for them to change for better.  There is still some leftovers from the Lemaire days and post Lemaire days and they have a habit that is hard to get rid of.   Wild and the Devils are the proof, still a habit.   Despite many coach changes, they still have the habit of defensively first mentality that trickles down throughout the line-up.