The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs. Red Wings | October 22, 2019 @ 4:30 PST

Rate this topic

Greenman Wannabe

Hate to say it because I am never a tank fan,  but big picture wise, missing the playoffs this year and keeping our pick in this strong draft wouldn't be a bad thing.

I realize you dont want to miss though, I would rather the boys get playoff XP.

Get a pick from this strong draft, fire the coaching staff, who could we get though that is experienced?  I really wanted coach Q when he left Chicago, though he was obviously going to Florida with Tallon. 

Strong draft, new coaches, playoffs for the next decade.

Or you know... just try harder and win now.

Everything I read seems like our system and strategies just arent good enough, we certainly have personnel to make something more high scoring work.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Virtanen and Ferland are the least of the worries, they're support players.  Aside from Miller, the core top 6 players have been missing since the start of the year.

Sure be nice to see another of those nights like last December against the Blues. Petey with 5 points and Boeser with a hat trick

8 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I'm not gonna be able to get over how bad that powerplay is.  That's how you win games.  It's not schallers fault, it's not leivos fault, it's not virtanens fault etc etc.  Our top guys needs to score and the coaches need to help them

Not help, teach.
Or persuade.

If this ship starts to rise and the special teams turn around and start to take off I'll gladly swallow my words. That said, this associate coaching group has been together for years here now and they finally have a group we can consider legit NHL caliber talent right through the lineup, and are still crapping the bed. 

either things turn around (sooner than later) or bye bye Felicia. 

I get it, I sound alarmist, or whatever. But I want this team to win, and I see a group of players who are way more than capable of doing just that... so if it's not happening - you have to look at why. (WHO) 

Edited by fecklund

Just now, stawns said:

Virtanen and Ferland are the least of the worries, they're support players.  Aside from Miller, the core top 6 players have been missing since the start of the year.

This.... Bad day at the office if the bottom 6 has to carry the team...

Time for Bo and in particular BB and EP has to start hitting the back of the net...Not sure if it fatigue or loss of confidence...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bree2 said:

one thing I noticed is the Canucks are not hitting,  horvat no hits, Jake one hit,  a few others with a couple of hits   then the rest nothing. hopefully looking for a better third

When you can't make plays on either end of ice to save your lives, hitting might be the least of concerns.

Every team has a few stinkers, and this is ours.  I actually thought we played really well in the 1-0 loss to NJ.  Tonight we're playing terrible.