The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

You are priceless. You tell me that a sovereign Alberta makes my flight to Toronto somehow dependent on the US, then tell me about Alberta airspace and how that makes me dependent boy. Then I point out to you that flights from Alberta to Toronto also pass through American air space, thereby making you just as dependent on the US as BC. Now you claim you weren’t talking about flying, even when that was the entire subject of the exchange. You claim to want to debate but you never concede a point. Ever. Your idea of give and take is you give and everyone else takes. So funny.

You and RS are dealing in extremes to make an argument when the reality won’t be like that. AB will retain their existin* borders and overflight will meet international standards. Military bases will be turned over to AB or leased to Canada. AB will cede any claim to assets in the ROC. The challenge will be convincing Albertans to make the leap and that means defining the issues and clarifying detail. 

As I said before all it will take is half a dozen MLA’s to leave Kenney’s caucus and cross the floor to Wexit. That would send shockwaves across Alberta and the West. This idea should not be taken lightly. Being talked about.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

You and RS are dealing in extremes to make an argument when the reality won’t be like that. AB will retain their existin* borders and overflight will meet international standards. Military bases will be turned over to AB or leased to Canada. AB will cede any claim to assets in the ROC. The challenge will be convincing Albertans to make the leap and that means defining the issues and clarifying detail. 

As I said before all it will take is half a dozen MLA’s to leave Kenney’s caucus and cross the floor to Wexit. That would send shockwaves across Alberta and the West. This idea should not be taken lightly. Being talked about.

The way Kenny is acting that might really happen.....

I know a whack load of albertans pissed off at Kenny 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Yes, there is a photo of  Alberta MLA's at their  meeting to discuss REDneXIT

clowns1.jpg

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

I asked for your proof they did nothing. 

Btw when I say Ottawa I'm blaming both parties. Man you will really reach to defend your idol.

Now I'll ask again, how is anything Alberta's fault? You and your buddy hip say this so back it up for once.

Ya he bought it because private investors walked away. Also it won't even be a million barrels a day. Energy East made the most sense and JT destroyed that.

Was there significant Constitutional changes done under Harper like, for example, an elected Senate?  No.  Plenty of the bitching that is going on with you Wexit crowd would involve changes to the constitution.  Again, something not done under Harper,  like at all.  The reasons for this are the same as the reasons why Justin didn't change how MPs are elected (moving from first past the post).  The conservatives did do changes to the equalization scheme, but those very changes aren't good enough now for the very politicians who were involved in making those changes.  Further proof of their incompetence. 

As for Alberta's fault, being more amicable to others concerns like BCs coastal concerns would be a start.   Better management of royalties.  Pushing for more infrastructure like upgraders so it's not bitumen that's being exported.  There are more.

I'm with you on Energy East making sense.  If only when that pipeline project was started we had more competent political leadership but at the time we were rulled by the Cons.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

This is why talking to people like destroyer is pointless. 

"Pipelines failed to get done."

Just complete made up nonsense. 

Made up?  Northern Gateway failed.  Energy East was so screwed up there was no hope of getting it done (ultimately why JT cancelledit).  TMX was so screwed up that the only way it was going to get done was with government purchasing it.  Those investors you talk about walked because of how badly it was handled starting with Harper and due to the crash in oil price.  

3 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay I'll put it simple and crude. 

All this is a dick size compaction between Canada Alberta and b.c......it's all stupid and the people of canada are the only ones suffering. 

agreed, it is all just a waste of time. 

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

The most annoying thing with you, @Jimmy McGill, @kingofsurrey and some others is you guys will defend Ottawa, BC and Trudeau without even acknowledging some of the wrongs. Your attitudes are exactly why Albertans feel the way they do. You guys honestly don't think there is things that can be changed or fixed?

huh? I criticize Trudeau on here a lot. All i want to see is you guys drop the jerk attitude like you "do more" than anyone else. You got paid more, you spent more, but that doesn't give you the right to take a $&!# on the rest of us.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

BC is distinct also.

I know you are just doing your dance with KOS and he deserves it.

But regarding drug use. One of my former employees moved to Calgary to buy a cheap home and start a family. She lives near a river that has nice paths beside it. She started going for her runs along it when she first moved, but does not anymore due to all the needle and apparently crime such as muggings..so she says.Anyway, is Calgary trying to be like Vancouver in that regard?

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

But regarding drug use. One of my former employees moved to Calgary to buy a cheap home and start a family. She lives near a river that has nice paths beside it. She started going for her runs along it when she first moved, but does not anymore due to all the needle and apparently crime such as muggings..so she says.Anyway, is Calgary trying to be like Vancouver in that regard?

Dude drugs are everywhere , my lil cuzins go to private school in Wpg and I got other lil cuzins in rural schools all across Canada and they are in grade 7 down and they know way more then I did at their age. 

Its the messed up world we live in now. 

Fyi all cities are like that and rural towns have followed suit. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Was there significant Constitutional changes done under Harper like, for example, an elected Senate?  No.  Plenty of the bitching that is going on with you Wexit crowd would involve changes to the constitution.  Again, something not done under Harper,  like at all.  The reasons for this are the same as the reasons why Justin didn't change how MPs are elected (moving from first past the post).  The conservatives did do changes to the equalization scheme, but those very changes aren't good enough now for the very politicians who were involved in making those changes.  Further proof of their incompetence. 

As for Alberta's fault, being more amicable to others concerns like BCs coastal concerns would be a start.   Better management of royalties.  Pushing for more infrastructure like upgraders so it's not bitumen that's being exported.  There are more.

I'm with you on Energy East making sense.  If only when that pipeline project was started we had more competent political leadership but at the time we were rulled by the Cons.

Made up?  Northern Gateway failed.  Energy East was so screwed up there was no hope of getting it done (ultimately why JT cancelledit).  TMX was so screwed up that the only way it was going to get done was with government purchasing it.  Those investors you talk about walked because of how badly it was handled starting with Harper and due to the crash in oil price.  

What Jt was putting on the company is what killed energy east. Tmx investors didn't walk away because of oil prices and yes the cpc got pipelines built.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oh please. Name a single thing unique about Calgary. 

Views on gun laws, chewing tobacco, tractor pulls. @kingofsurrey will have to give you more of that free education. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

agreed, it is all just a waste of time. 

huh? I criticize Trudeau on here a lot. All i want to see is you guys drop the jerk attitude like you "do more" than anyone else. You got paid more, you spent more, but that doesn't give you the right to take a $&!# on the rest of us.

I'm talking specifically of his mistreatment of Alberta. When you guys admit Alberta gets a raw deal then we have a starting point. Btw equalization shouldn't even be a thing.

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Honestly I think it's a pandemic across the nation. I honestly think the ridiculous amount of drug use in this country needs to be addressed and curbed.

• Cheers 2

By the numbers and own admission, the UCP predicated this years budget on last years oil numbers.  Many thought it was being optimistic.

With what is happening on the markets right now.  It's down right worst case territory

8 hours ago, Warhippy said:

By the numbers and own admission, the UCP predicated this years budget on last years oil numbers.  Many thought it was being optimistic.

With what is happening on the markets right now.  It's down right worst case territory

We got a deficit (self inflicted) so we need to make cuts cuts cuts.  Oh BTW, those tax cuts that were supposed to make things better will not return even close to the cost, but they won't be even considered to be axed.

Also BTW, it's all someone else's fault, we did nothing wrong. 

- Kenney and friends to the rubes who bought into the voodoo they were selling 

38 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

We got a deficit (self inflicted) so we need to make cuts cuts cuts.  Oh BTW, those tax cuts that were supposed to make things better will not return even close to the cost, but they won't be even considered to be axed.

Also BTW, it's all someone else's fault, we did nothing wrong. 

- Kenney and friends to the rubes who bought into the voodoo they were selling 

I think a lot of people thought their projections were far too rosy.

But this is downright awful.  This isn't something anyone wants to see happening

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm talking specifically of his mistreatment of Alberta. When you guys admit Alberta gets a raw deal then we have a starting point. Btw equalization shouldn't even be a thing.

so whats the "raw deal" you speak of? you pay the same rate in federal income tax and the same GST. What exactly is unfair about that? 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so whats the "raw deal" you speak of? you pay the same rate in federal income tax and the same GST. What exactly is unfair about that? 

Maybe cause all of Canada likes to take oil money and then turn around and piss all over Alberta boots and tell them it's raining....

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Maybe cause all of Canada likes to take oil money and then turn around and piss all over Alberta boots and tell them it's raining....

really? "all" of Canada? 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

really? "all" of Canada? 

Yea even jt wouldn't go to bat for the oil industry , only reason JT bought the pipeline is cause we need it and also all Canada watched as investors pulled their money out of Canada .......

so yea all over Canada, don't get me wrong not everyone looks at oil as dirty evil job but when has we paid respect or thx Alberta for taking on all crap no one else wants in their province.....

if the oil sands were in the east , then the whole country would be pro bloody oil.....

you get what I mean? 

We thank everyone else.......

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Yea even jt wouldn't go to bat for the oil industry , only reason JT bought the pipeline is cause we need it and also all Canada watched as investors pulled their money out of Canada .......

so yea all over Canada, don't get me wrong not everyone looks at oil as dirty evil job but when has we paid respect or thx Alberta for taking on all crap no one else wants in their province.....

if the oil sands were in the east , then the whole country would be pro bloody oil.....

you get what I mean? 

We thank everyone else.......

sorry man I'm not going to "thank" Albertans for making lots of money. 

If Trudeau really hated the oil and gas industry he wouldn't have bought TMX or be supporting CGL. 

We do have oil out east, did you forget how Harper pissed off Newfoundland? 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The oil revenue as expressed in higher incomes comes from a finite resource owned by the people of AB not Canada as a whole. Nice scheme by the easterners to rip off a specific province. The fact that AB has stood for this all these years is not a credit to the provincial government. If it was Quebec who was contributing as much equalization would have been toast many years ago.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sorry man I'm not going to "thank" Albertans for making lots of money. 

If Trudeau really hated the oil and gas industry he wouldn't have bought TMX or be supporting CGL. 

We do have oil out east, did you forget how Harper pissed off Newfoundland? 

I'm not saying thank Alberta people b.s I'm talking about the province nots it people, cause Alberta has given up a lot to help all of Canada......land and tax breaks to rich to attract big business. 

Lol JT had no choice but to buy it or show the world that the people run Canada and oh and let everyone piss all over Canada's biggest earner......

you see how that would be a horrible message to send future investors. 

Ha but yet don't they still buy from the Middle East?......

I'm with you on when people make big bucks then it's up to them to save for a rainy day but Alberta has always put the bottom dollar first and Canada has reaped the benefits......

when people in the east look down their noises at oil industry or mock the fact that riggers make a stupid amount money but never been to a lease site in their life or spent 12 hours on a rig to just get an better understanding of the work.....

before they judge or make new bylaws or policies then maybe walk a mile in someone else's boots.....