The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

22 minutes ago, gurn said:

Firstly, you did admit to an error, which is more than many on here can do.

Secondly, this post is starting to go all Strome(y).

I never said that being wrong makes you and idiot, or however that is spelt. So why build a strawman?

And if I ever start kicking you there will be no doubt about it.

Strawman? Ha 

i was just pointing to the fact you just dropped a picture with no context or anything ha 

oh I'm shaking in my boots just thinking of the  thought of you throwing kicks ha 

i haven't back down from a debate yet and I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong so I'm ready :) but first one must understand logic ha

31 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, 100% true.   Great to read others perspectives....   We all have had very different lives / experiences.....

I would have a beer with anyone here and i am sure it would very enjoyable experience for me...     

King your welcome to my barn anytime lol 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, BPA said:

Crimea was part of Ukraine.  A separate sovereign country.  It does not belong to Russia.

Cold Lake and the surrounding areas are in AB but are a part of Canada. 

It is not the same thing. 

You want the house, the car, and the kids in this divorce.

Last I heard AB wasn’t claiming Trenton. Will St.Lawrence become a international seaway? Great Lakes? No suggestion that AB would divert the Columbia and Kootenay rivers into AB for irrigation. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Prior to current situation world oil consumption was about 102 million boy per day. The decline rate was about 1.5% but that has a market component over and above the physical decline. The oil industry has suffered from a chronic lack of capital investment since 2015. This will lead to an accelerated depletion rate. I have to think the Saudis and Russians are going thru a fight over respective takes but they will reconcile. The biggest deal in the market is the Saudiis selling a big chunk of Aramco. It makes the industry more market driven. 

I am told Old the oil sands plants can run at $25 oil. Their capital has been spent. SU and CVE are highly FCF positive. USA shale ops are highly leveraged and have shown a faster decline rate than anticipated. AB has low decline rates, established oil infrastructure and diversification into poly. It is an industry with a future. Anyone who thinks AB cannot ride oil to independence is not recognizing reality. 

Another aspect to this whole independence thing is the broadening appeal to businesses not just inside th3 oil sector but across the board. 

OPEC just declared a price war.

It's game on.  New thread is up

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I was wrong once and that makes me an idoit? And I didn't try to fight the fact you were right and even gave you props.....so kick a guy while his down.....I see how it is. Instead of enlightening each other let's just throw stones ha

Ironing

Such

Ironing

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Last I heard AB wasn’t claiming Trenton. Will St.Lawrence become a international seaway? Great Lakes? No suggestion that AB would divert the Columbia and Kootenay rivers into AB for irrigation. 

Why would the St. Lawrence become international? It ends in Ontario doesn't it?

Great lakes seem to end in Ontario.

28 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Strawman? Ha 

i was just pointing to the fact you just dropped a picture with no context or anything ha 

oh I'm shaking in my boots just thinking of the  thought of you throwing kicks ha 

i haven't back down from a debate yet and I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong so I'm ready :) but first one must understand logic ha

I dropped a picture of all the oil refineries in Canada after you said they were all in Alberta. That was and is the context.

You also said I was kicking you when you were down. I replied that "if I ever start kicking you there will be no doubt about it. "

So since you said I was kicking you and I wasn't, you should be shaking in your boots when I do start so at least you are right in this regard..

3 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Your right Alberta might have to pay more but would you want to play that game? Alberta can make Canada pay more to ship by rail....that's why I say nothing will change shipping wise, still have to pay. Ha also if Alberta is keeping  all its oil money then it could afford to spend more.....kinda surprising how much money would be freed up once the whole country is off to he tit.....more milk for just Alberta ......

how many nice rich people have you met? Ha Alberta is that rich jock ahole you would like to knock out but you know having him as a friend is safer lol 

your right he bought it but it's not up and running now is it? 

Im not giving JT a gold star until it's in and running. I respect people getting things done not just for buying something just to save face. 

I would play that game if I was PM and faced with Alberta voting to leave. Canada has far more ways to hurt an independent AB than vice versa. Sure Alberta can threaten to "turn off the taps" and all that but then they are down to 1 customer, Trump. Who by the way will look at this as a way to really put the screws to the tiny new nation. 

Its just dumb. I think guys like @Ryan Strome support #wexit because they think it will give them Quebec-style leverage on the national scale. But it won't. No one believes AB is dumb enough to separate. And its all about money, there's no language or cultural thing going on here, its all about $. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

If there is so much hate towards Alberta why do you guys care if we leave?

We don't hate you, we love you guys. You're like the jerk siblings we have to love. You're Canada's Chet.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would play that game if I was PM and faced with Alberta voting to leave. Canada has far more ways to hurt an independent AB than vice versa. Sure Alberta can threaten to "turn off the taps" and all that but then they are down to 1 customer, Trump. Who by the way will look at this as a way to really put the screws to the tiny new nation. 

Its just dumb. I think guys like @Ryan Strome support #wexit because they think it will give them Quebec-style leverage on the national scale. But it won't. No one believes AB is dumb enough to separate. And its all about money, there's no language or cultural thing going on here, its all about $. 

We do need this to gain leverage. Hold a referendum to show Ottawa we aren't putting up with this anymore. Canada would drastically hurt if Alberta left. Global investment would really disappear, dollar would crash, TSX would tumble and Ottawa would lose 10s of billions. Canada needs Alberta, Alberta doesn't need Ottawa. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We don't hate you, we love you guys. You're like the jerk siblings we have to love. You're Canada's Chet.

Nah we get angry because we constantly get screwed.

Nobody hates Alberta.

What people are sick of is the prevailing attitude of superiority and selfishness coming from Alberta.  There's literally no willingness to accept most issues in Alberta have been caused by Alberta.

As such there is blame for BC.  Ottawa.  Ontario.  Quebec.

But not in the markets or Alberta itself.

To say we or anyone hates Alberta instead of the attitude of Albertans is literally just proving that point.

24 minutes ago, gurn said:

I dropped a picture of all the oil refineries in Canada after you said they were all in Alberta. That was and is the context.

You also said I was kicking you when you were down. I replied that "if I ever start kicking you there will be no doubt about it. "

So since you said I was kicking you and I wasn't, you should be shaking in your boots when I do start so at least you are right in this regard..

Yes but I also added most pipelines go to Alberta ....don't they? 

Ha I meant that with sarcasm my bad. Sometimes I forget my jokes arnt funny. 

Also those refineries out of Alberta , do they produce as much as the ones in Alberta? Or are they even half the size?

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Okay I'll put it simple and crude. 

All this is a dick size compaction between Canada Alberta and b.c......it's all stupid and the people of canada are the only ones suffering. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Nobody hates Alberta.

What people are sick of is the prevailing attitude of superiority and selfishness coming from Alberta.  There's literally no willingness to accept most issues in Alberta have been caused by Alberta.

As such there is blame for BC.  Ottawa.  Ontario.  Quebec.

But not in the markets or Alberta itself.

To say we or anyone hates Alberta instead of the attitude of Albertans is literally just proving that point.

More nonsense. 

Why is Alberta to be blamed for?

You use this stupid comparison to Norway, Norway doesn't send 600 billion dollars to the rest of Canada.

What problems?

Quebec and BC cried about pipelines that would make all Canadians richer. Alberta loses revenue and investment because of decisions made in Ottawa. 

The only blame would be Notley she also cost billions in investments and added insane debt.

As far as superiority, shouldn't the biggest economic powerhouse in the country have a voice? Considering all of Canada is dependent on Alberta shouldn't Ottawa and certain provinces stop working against us considering they're dependent on us?

give me a legitimate reason as to why we even need equalization? Why should Alberta give 14 billion to Quebec? Shouldn't each province look after itself. This nation has made every Canadian dependent on Alberta.

Ffs BC caused an highly indebted Ottawa to spend billions on a pipeline private investors were building. 

Jt destroyed Energy East all for political purposes. He hurt the Alberta economy, along with all Canadians but if that's not bad enough we give away over 20 billion while we get hurt in the process. 

The most annoying thing with you, @Jimmy McGill, @kingofsurrey and some others is you guys will defend Ottawa, BC and Trudeau without even acknowledging some of the wrongs. Your attitudes are exactly why Albertans feel the way they do. You guys honestly don't think there is things that can be changed or fixed?

2 Bill's that senators across the country called garbage and required over 100 amendments get stuffed down our throat. The tanker ban is a joke and only attacks Alberta. You guys would do well to educate yourself on it.

No one in Alberta cries about all BCs pipelines in our province. We don't cry about Quebecs industries hurting the environment. 

Ffs we had a ceo pull massive investment out of Alberta and he definitively put the blame on the Trudeau government. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No one in Alberta cries about all BCs pipelines in our province. We don't cry about Quebecs industries hurting the environment. 

yah, because Most Albertans are climate change deniers and polluters......  whats your point again ?