The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrew Scheer stepping down as Conservative Party leader/Which has morphed into the Gun Control thread

Mackcanuck

2 minutes ago, inane said:

Good point. 

Air pollution has killed untold people so we should ban all industry.

The ocean has drowned millions, we should ban ships.

No wait, people have killed millions of people so we should just ban people. Problem solved.

I am so smrt.

You are smart you pointed out how silly the reasoning Jimmy is using. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

You are smart you pointed out how silly the reasoning Jimmy is using. 

you're all being silly about this.

we prohibit/ban certain things because society is too stupid to handle them safely. Yes, that infringes on your god given right to do xyz and that's just too bad, that's part of living in a society.

when you wexit into your wet dream of an independent alberta you can make whatever rules you want, until then too bad.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, inane said:

we prohibit/ban certain things because society is too stupid to handle them safely. Yes, that infringes on your god given right to do xyz and that's just too bad, that's part of living in a society.

when you wexit into your wet dream of an independent alberta you can make whatever rules you want, until then too bad.

If society were serious about that, then we would not allow consumers to purchase vehicles that go 150km+ but I guess it is our god given right

Society is silly

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, inane said:

Alberta has already protected itself from a buy back so like I said enjoy we will keep our guns here.

1 minute ago, Chicken. said:

If society were serious about that, then we would not allow consumers to purchase vehicles that go 150km+ but I guess it is our god given right

Society is silly

society is silly and certain things are banned that shouldn't be and others aren't that should be. pesky humans are so nonsensical!

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

So much for being "all for intelligent discussion" round here

It takes two to have a discussion. And when the other half lacks the necessary skillsets to engage in such debates, all you get is facts and statistical evidence refuted with “it might help” or memes about penis sizes. 

So far in the debate about why the govt needs to spend 400-600 million on a buy back program for semi auto rifles, the only facts presented are the ones explaining why it’s a dumb idea and a waste of money. That this program serves no real purpose other than a political play. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It takes two to have a discussion. And when the other half lacks the necessary skillsets to engage in such debates, all you get is facts and statistical evidence refuted with “it might help” or memes about penis sizes. 

So far in the debate about why the govt needs to spend 400-600 million on a buy back program for semi auto rifles, the only facts presented are the ones explaining why it’s a dumb idea and a waste of money. That this program serves no real purpose other than a political play. 

well, I'll sit here waiting for someone to come and have an intelligent discussion then.  You and strome can keep doing whatever it is you're doing in the mean time because between the two of you I've not seen hide nor hair or anything resembling such a thing from you

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Communism has killed tens of millions, should we outlaw it before we wait for our version of China or Soviet Union?

you can choke on a red herring too. Better stop fishing. 

I get it, its got to be very frustrating if guns are your thing, and if its also some sort of identity issue too. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Society is silly

As to vehicles, you are right. No vehicle, other than emergency response equipment, should be able to go faster than 20 klicks over the fasted posted speed limit in Canada- and that burst of speed should last no longer than 1 minute, so as to safely pass a slower vehicle.

However nobody wants to mess with multi billion, multi national companies when it is easier to go after the little guy.

My Dad, the appliance repairman in my town was informed that a 1 ounce discrepancy in his Freon books could result in a $200,000 fine. Meanwhile in Washington state the U.S. air force was using gallon buckets of Freon to clean their airframes.

• Upvote 1