The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Carolina Hurricanes at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

A win we didn't know we deserved, but it also emphasizes this team's bottom line:  Even with better offence and revamped d, they're going nowhere unless their goalie stands on his head on most nights. They need Marky and Demko a lot more than they need us.

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

After the cap recapture is gone and marky hoist the cup, it will go down as best trade in Canucks history 

I was kinda thinking the same thing but we would of got with recapture penalties if he retired whether he was traded or not.  Although if he was still with the Canucks he would of probably went on LTIR instead of retiring.  If he went on LTIR the Cats would hit with 5.6 M cap hit instead of the 1M recapture penalty.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Been to 4 games this year (Detroit, Nashville, Ottawa, Carolina) and all wins... So if anyone needs to give away tix just holla at ya boy 

You should tell Mr. Francesco Aquilini and see if he can do something about it ^_^

Just now, 1-d said:

Bure is still the best Canuck ever, until the day Pettersson hoists the cup. 

Yup Bure will be hard to beat.  Just watching that gif again....seeing Serge Momesso stop at the blue line while Bure rockets past him at 100mph...wonder what he was thinking in light of the fact he never played with him before

Back to that list though....having EP and BB in the top 5 fastest to 100 points in Canucks history is impressive

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

Leafs lose

Oilers lose

Bruins lose

CANUCKS WIN!

I;m a little torn with Leafs - Flames game.  Glad the leafs lost but why couldn't it have been against the Jets instead.   The Laffs get the 4:00 pm game on Sat vs the Oil.  It;s a tough call but I hope the Laffs win that one in regulation.