Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Joel Farabee suspended 3 games

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Marcus Foligno was cleaning Farabee's clock and then decided to let-up because the kid clearly bit off more than he could chew. Nice sign of respect.

 

Fast forward a game later and he pulls this? Bad look. Especially because it was clearly a hot-headed response to getting dumped in front of the net. 

 

However, Perrault shows absolutely zero awareness on this play. You're down low and you fire a backhand up the wall and then admire your pass? I don't know about a suspension. It was late but not as vicious as a lot of other cheap shot hits where guys are getting their elbows up. 

  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Marcus Foligno was cleaning Farabee's clock and then decided to let-up because the kid clearly bit off more than he could chew. Nice sign of respect.

 

Fast forward a game later and he pulls this? Bad look. Especially because it was clearly a hot-headed response to getting dumped in front of the net. 

 

However, Perrault shows absolutely zero awareness on this play. You're down low and you fire a backhand up the wall and then admire your pass? I don't know about a suspension. It was late but not as vicious as a lot of other cheap shot hits where guys are getting their elbows up. 

I get your points , but I think it’s a fair suspension (2-3 game) ..  players have to try a bit harder to let up in a situation like this.. and yes playing with your head up and on a swivel will give an athlete some longetivity.

it was interference, regardless of which way he was looking, and Farabee came into him with strength from his hips, and was driving that way even before Perrault turns.

I think the league is pushing this way more to create the responsibility of awareness to the hitter. 

Obviously, the injuries incurred from playing unaware and oblivious, are hopefully the “time tested” punishment for not being aware.

In can appreciate the NHL this way,.  As long as they stay legit and comparatively fair in all events.

Arron Rome was crucified fo almost the same situation here...  

I don't think Never seen any discipline match that one,. and in a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Stanley Cup..

    brutal by the NHL.

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Marcus Foligno was cleaning Farabee's clock and then decided to let-up because the kid clearly bit off more than he could chew. Nice sign of respect.

 

Fast forward a game later and he pulls this? Bad look. Especially because it was clearly a hot-headed response to getting dumped in front of the net. 

 

However, Perrault shows absolutely zero awareness on this play. You're down low and you fire a backhand up the wall and then admire your pass? I don't know about a suspension. It was late but not as vicious as a lot of other cheap shot hits where guys are getting their elbows up. 

lol... hes not admiring his pass. You need to be aware of how the play is developing so you know what to do and where to go. 

 

So with the argument of keeping your head up. So with that aspect, hockey players can't just be following the play. Have to do 2 things at once, follow the play and heads up to look out for oneself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's a pretty fair ruling.  If a player on my team got blown up like that with a late hit, I'd want some discipline handed out as well. 

 

 

On a side note.....I'm noticing some here think the amount of games was correct, some think it should have been 5 or more, and some think there should be no suspension at all.  With such a wide spectrum of opinion, how the DoPS ever get a ruling correct in the fan's eyes?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Drakrami said:

lol... hes not admiring his pass. You need to be aware of how the play is developing so you know what to do and where to go. 

 

So with the argument of keeping your head up. So with that aspect, hockey players can't just be following the play. Have to do 2 things at once, follow the play and heads up to look out for oneself. 

Uhhh, yeah? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looked like Farabee got frustrated with being crosschecked in front of the net and then took it out on Perreault.  The facts that the hit was late and Perreault was in a particularly vulnerable position made the hit worse than it should have been.  Bad decision by Farabee and deserving of the suspension but certainly not the worst example of a late, dirty hit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Late hit, yes. An interference penalty, MAYBE a 5 min major, not a suspension. Laughable. 

that's exactly the type of play that should be a suspension.  The puck had long ago left MP's stick and he was looking for revenge for the cross check in front of the net..........should have been 5 and a game plus the suspension.  I would, however, have given Lowry a penalty on the play as well

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stawns said:

that's exactly the type of play that should be a suspension.  The puck had long ago left MP's stick and he was looking for revenge for the cross check in front of the net..........should have been 5 and a game plus the suspension.  I would, however, have given Lowry a penalty on the play as well

It was 1 second late. Don't worry, in no time there will be a zero hitting policy implemented in the NHL. Trash talk will result in a hurt feelings interference penalty as well. All teams will also get a participation award at the end of the season, regardless of final standings. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...