The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (22-28) 2019

Rate this topic

As a fan of the game and it’s champions, I’m looking forward to seeing if Kane will hit 1000 points during their upcoming game against the Canucks. I’d like to be watching, I mean. 

I think he sits at 984 or something and since he is scoring at close to a point per game pace, I can imagine that in 16 games or so, when Kane plays the Canucks, it’s a possibility to hit the 1000 mark.

Terrific career for this guy.

Unless you automatically hate all rivals, you have to tip your hat to the 1000 point mark, especially when it’s under 1000 games played.

In the cap era, only a few, household names have done it, but how many have won as much or played as much hockey over that stretch as Kane? 

87, 71.

#8 hasn’t won as much, but he is the only other guy to hang with them.

Thornton, kinda sorta, but from a different era and trophy case. 

Kane, Crosby, Malkin. 

Super-duper stars of this decade. 

Prepare to tip your hat ... or raise your glass... 

BE62FB4B-9C58-4CEC-8ABE-BCD97CF89FA4.jpeg.b6f9ed4518414cd962b4d8b17a8cd998.jpeg

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

As a fan of the game and it’s champions, I’m looking forward to seeing if Kane will hit 1000 points during their upcoming game against the Canucks. I’d like to be watching, I mean. 

I think he sits at 984 or something and since he is scoring at close to a point per game pace, I can imagine that in 16 games or so, when Kane plays the Canucks, it’s a possibility to hit the 1000 mark.

Terrific career for this guy.

Unless you automatically hate all rivals, you have to tip your hat to the 1000 point mark, especially when it’s under 1000 games played.

In the cap era, only a few, household names have done it, but how many have won as much or played as much hockey over that stretch as Kane? 

87, 71.

#8 hasn’t won as much, but he is the only other guy to hang with them.

Thornton, kinda sorta, but from a different era and trophy case. 

Kane, Crosby, Malkin. 

Super-duper stars of this decade. 

Prepare to tip your hat ... or raise your glass... 

BE62FB4B-9C58-4CEC-8ABE-BCD97CF89FA4.jpeg.b6f9ed4518414cd962b4d8b17a8cd998.jpeg

I'd much rather he hits 1000 against any other team. He's scored enough against the Canucks.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'd much rather he hits 1000 against any other team. He's scored enough against the Canucks.

Canned answer - I can appreciate, if not expect that perspective/response. 

I think he’s earned enough respect for the league and fans to appreciate the achievement in any visiting rink, but possibly most notably in Rogers Arena.

I’ve seen a lot of hockey and milestones, after a while, and understanding that there are 82 games played by 31 teams, multiplied by many years, the detail of wishing the milestones were set elsewhere, has kind of worn off for me.

I don’t mind watching the games that records are set against the Canucks, perhaps because it’s a preoccupation for the team; a norm. Might as well get two birds stoned at once by witnessing it ‘live’ while watching anyways. 

Maybe EP will be like Kane, but that’s very unlikely and partly why Kane’s achievement is so special. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?

53 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Rangers have suspended Lias Andersson for leaving the team after requesting a trade. 

The holiday roster freeze is lifted on December 27th and Andersson is not expected to remain a member of the Rangers long past it.

Hockey gods "Karma".

55 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Leafs put up 3 goals in the first five minutes of the game... and now are down 4-3. Love that team.

EDIT: 5-3. 

Leafs scored 3 in the first five minutes, then gave up 3 in 1:04 in the second, then scored 3 in 0:59 in the third.

Guess everything comes in threes today.

23 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Leafs scored 3 in the first five minutes, then gave up 3 in 1:04 in the second, then scored 3 in 0:59 in the third.

Guess everything comes in threes today.

That’s definitely the type of hockey you wanna play in the playoffs :lol:

2 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Still hope the Canes can win this one...

Edit: game over Leafs won 8-6

Carolina did what we did in Pittsburgh :ph34r:

Fire Brind Amour and their PP coach! I believe that was the trending reaction here when that happened.

• Haha 1