The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (22-28) 2019

Rate this topic

34 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

This is all to convenient and a reoccurring theme in Chicago. 

How many seasons can they bury Seabrook’s contract on LTIR ? 

4E48C0C5-C122-49C7-B2F6-211AC93DDE02.jpeg

We won't see him back in the NHL is my guess #RobidasIlsand2.0 #noescapeforcanucksever

• Cheers 1

On 12/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

Canned answer - I can appreciate, if not expect that perspective/response. 

I think he’s earned enough respect for the league and fans to appreciate the achievement in any visiting rink, but possibly most notably in Rogers Arena.

I’ve seen a lot of hockey and milestones, after a while, and understanding that there are 82 games played by 31 teams, multiplied by many years, the detail of wishing the milestones were set elsewhere, has kind of worn off for me.

I don’t mind watching the games that records are set against the Canucks, perhaps because it’s a preoccupation for the team; a norm. Might as well get two birds stoned at once by witnessing it ‘live’ while watching anyways. 

Maybe EP will be like Kane, but that’s very unlikely and partly why Kane’s achievement is so special. 

I'd rather have him get the milestone at a home game... better for Hawks fans.  Also, since I don't like/respect Kane all that much, I don't care about seeing his milestone.

Doing it before 1000 games is a good accomplishment, and I can appreciate you wanting to see it.  Not sure why you think it is unlikely Petey can duplicate the feat.  The Canucks have put together a great set of youths with star potential, and he is already getting points at a good clip.  It took Kane 9 seasons to score at a 100 point pace, and there were some strong Hawks teams in those early years of his (as we Canuck fans know all too well).  I would be disappointed if Petey can't match Kane, given his stronger start and bright future.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Kragar said:

I'd rather have him get the milestone at a home game... better for Hawks fans.  Also, since I don't like/respect Kane all that much, I don't care about seeing his milestone.

Doing it before 1000 games is a good accomplishment, and I can appreciate you wanting to see it.  Not sure why you think it is unlikely Petey can duplicate the feat.  The Canucks have put together a great set of youths with star potential, and he is already getting points at a good clip.  It took Kane 9 seasons to score at a 100 point pace, and there were some strong Hawks teams in those early years of his (as we Canuck fans know all too well).  I would be disappointed if Petey can't match Kane, given his stronger start and bright future.

It wasn't just the points, but the Cups, and individual trophies, let alone his international trophy case, that I think is unlikely to be matched, even by EP. 

It is unlikely that the Canucks, or any other team, wins what Kane has. 

No slight against EP, who is arguably the better player IMO. 

Heck of a career for Kane already and when he sets his next milestone, I want to see it. 

Canuck fans hoping not to see it against the Canucks, I get; a canned response, as I’ve said. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It wasn't just the points, but the Cups, and individual trophies, let alone his international trophy case, that I think is unlikely to be matched, even by EP. 

It is unlikely that the Canucks, or any other team, wins what Kane has. 

No slight against EP, who is arguably the better player IMO. 

Heck of a career for Kane already and when he sets his next milestone, I want to see it. 

Canuck fans hoping not to see it against the Canucks, I get; a canned response, as I’ve said. 

Yeah, he's had quite a run.  Fingers crossed for EP and the gang, though!!!  Us long-suffering fans deserve a break :towel:

• Cheers 2