The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canada vs. Russia | Gold Medal Game | Jan. 05, 2020 | 10:00 AM PT

Rate this topic

Just now, Amebushi said:

Feels a little tainted, but good teams find a way to win. Congrats to the Canadian boys and someone sign that camera to an NHL contract!  

Remembering their 3rd goal getting the powerplay, I don't feel it is tainted

If we never came back , we would be claiming tainted for them

It all evened out and karma played out, they were diving and their goalie earlier too

I am proud of the guys coming back, they don't make the calls and battled on !

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Went both ways, though the non penalty on the puck over the glass was unfortunate for Russia.  That said, Canada's PK was strong tonight and there's a good chance Russia doesn't score anyway.

6 on 3, hard to say. Very hard not to score. But at that point they blew a 2 goal lead. So maybe they screw it up. They were definitely broken mentally with a few penalties they took. Flicking the other guy's stick isn't very disciplined. 

6 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

thats what benning meant by canadian heart, hayden played through a shoulder injury would a euro play through that?

Yes, the announcers just don't make a big deal out of European players doing it though. We do enjoy patting ourselves on the back in Canada huh? 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Incompetence. 

Interference by outside object. 

I suspect there are no rules on that. Unlike baseball where if a ball hits a foul post, wall etc.  If there was a netting there, sure it is out. Camera, no rule for that. Lol. 

• Cheers 1