The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Panthers Jan 9 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

And yet.........LE has stayed in the top 6 with his 5 points season total. :picard:

Bo's line looked better with him on it.

Loui sticking to the high offensive zone lets Bo and Pearson do their thing.

We need D who like to jump in, so 53 and 70 can feed them, if Loui covers for them.

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Bo's line looked better with him on it.

Loui sticking to the high offensive zone lets Bo and Pearson do their thing.

We need D who like to jump in, so 53 and 70 can feed them, if Loui covers for them.

I would like to see 18-20 minutes of Jake and Boes compared to that much time of LE's skills, but that's just me I guess. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I would like to see 18-20 minutes of Jake and Boes compared to that much time of LE's skills, but that's just me I guess. :rolleyes:

Think of 3 scoring lines. I see many here are stuck with top 6. We have more of a top 9 where they can shift places. 

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Think of 3 scoring lines. I see many here are stuck with top 6. We have more of a top 9 where they can shift places. 

I would like to think that way too but if you look at minutes played there is no 3 scoring lines. Jake is playing great right now but he is relegated to 10-11 minutes per game. He has, IMO, all the tools needed in the top 6. He has size, grit, offensive ability, defensive ability and he can skate. Yes LE plays great defensively but Jake can do that and add speed, grit and offense. It seems like a no brainer to me.

Edited by EdgarM
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

I would like to think that way too but if you look at minutes played there is no 3 scoring lines. Jake is playing great right now but he is relegated to 10-11 minutes per game. He has, IMO, all the tools needed in the top 6. He has size, grit, offensive ability, defensive ability and he can skate. Yes LE plays great defensively but Jake can do that and add grit and offense. It seems like a no brainer to me.

Now if only Jake can bring that player consistently on a nightly basis!

2 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Now if only Jake can bring that player consistently on a nightly basis!

Are you serious? The guy has 24 points and +- 0 with very limited ice time and very little PP time. To add to that he is probably one of our fastest skaters with a great shot and has grit. Why would you not give a player like that more ice time. His time to be eased into the top 6 has come and gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1