The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Panthers Jan 9 2020 - 4pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

28 minutes ago, philtbc829 said:

Now if only Jake can bring that player consistently on a nightly basis!

Loui is never as good as Jake at his best. And Jake at his worst is on par with Loui. This dumb take that Jake needs consistency is kind of annoying and just some garbage fans and media types regurgitate ad nauseam. On pace for 40+ points, plays sound defensively but STILL needs to do more.

Everyone that plays hockey is prone to not bringing their best every night. Jake hasn’t been remotely bad at any point. But needs to be great to get top 6 looks. Players can “do the little things” and is gifted top 6 spots despite never ever looking good at any point. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this is why:

Looking at the underlying numbers of the Horvat line via analytics site Natural Stat Trick, the difference with and without Eriksson is stark. The Canucks control 54.22% of the shot attempts (corsi) with Eriksson, compared to 50.53% without him, but scoring chances are even more tilted: 55.29% with Eriksson; 45.73% without Eriksson.

5-on-5 via NaturalStatTrick.com Corsi-For-% Scoring-Chance-For-% Goals-For-%
Horvat and Pearson
with Eriksson
54.22 55.29 66.67
Horvat and Pearson
without Eriksson
50.53 45.73 42.86

In other words, the Canucks significantly out-chance their opposition with Horvat, Pearson, and Eriksson on the ice at 5-on-5; they get significantly out-chanced when Horvat and Pearson are on the ice with other wingers.

Since Eriksson joined Horvat's line, Horvat has nine points in seven games, none of them on the power play. Pearson has nine points too. 

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/loui-eriksson-could-be-the-winger-bo-horvat-has-been-waiting-for-all-this-time-1.24049245

One of the biggest LE critics on here but can’t deny the lines been clicking as a unit and he’s playing well. Like to see the numbers back up the eye test.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, R3aL said:

One of the biggest LE critics on here but can’t deny the lines been clicking as a unit and he’s playing well. Like to see the numbers back up the eye test.

The eye test is hard to prove if he is the best in positioning and keeping the other team at bay. 

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Unfortunately the eye test has too much bias. People will see what they want to see (or what they don't).

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I expect the Canucks will be all jacked up and will have a great game against a high-scoring team. They generally do.

I am not at all worried. Every team gets blown out. 

:canucks:

Anyways, things are kind of boring in the forum lately, so here is a sensationally shameless question... have some fun. 

Would you trade Horvat for Brady Tkachuk, straight up? 

Give me a beer for no.

Give me a heart of yes. 

Edit

Give me a laugh for &^@# no! 

I won’t answer any quotes as not to spam the place. Just want to see the ratio. 

LE + Schaller for Brady ...Lol... ;)

4 hours ago, Tystick said:

The boys will be itching to play a strong game.

This should be good.

I'm still salty about Matheson so I hope they lay some nasty hits on him tonight.

Feeling a 3-1 win for the Canucks.

Maybe that's why Jake will be Petey's wingman?  A pre-emptive move to provide some protection?  Would have been either Jake or the Rooster. And Jake is probably the better fit

• Upvote 1

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in warm-up:

Pearson-Horvat(C)-Eriksson
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Roussel-Gaudette-Virtanen
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Edler(A)-Myers
Hughes-Tanev(A)
Benn-Stecher

Demko

That fourth line needs to shore up their deficiencies. MacEwen may need to be subbed in for one of those wingers.