The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 09, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I said it last game and I'll say it again, there isn't enough snarl in the back end. We need at least one D man that's nasty to play against, put a little fear into the opposition and make them keep their heads up. 

• Upvote 1

The collapsing blue line retreat and than inability to simply clear the puck out of the zone , that’s something that shouldn’t be happening with the defenceman we have . We have a good defence core , they are more than capable of playing good defence yet they are either being directed to play a terrible system  or they have forgotten how to play basic hockey . It’s been going on all season, even during the winning streak . Surely the coaches must see that we need to work on defending our blue line and when that fails , quickly getting the puck out of our zone. 

The skies not falling yet , we’re in a good place in the standings, but , there’s got to be some awareness by coaching as to why we get hemmed in our zone so badly. 

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No thanks I’d rather see Green grow with the team. People can rag on the guy all they want. Facts are the Canucks are an extremely young team and have a lot of growth and more players to develop

Not extremely young at all 

also burning up elc years 

do you know anything about DeBoer? Look at his history. Guy is blue chip. Do yourself a favour look him up 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Not extremely young at all 

also burning up elc years 

do you know anything about DeBoer? Look at his history. Guy is blue chip. Do yourself a favour look him up 

They are an extremely young team. To say otherwise is foolish at best. 

1 hour ago, Rounoush said:

Hurray! They didn't hit 50 shots!

Are you kiddin'? 

FLA was up to 5 goals with 36:20 left in the game

The Canucks really tightened up their d in the second 1/2 or it could have been 10-11 or 12.

woot

5 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

The collapsing blue line retreat and than inability to simply clear the puck out of the zone , that’s something that shouldn’t be happening with the defenceman we have . We have a good defence core , they are more than capable of playing good defence yet they are either being directed to play a terrible system  or they have forgotten how to play basic hockey . It’s been going on all season, even during the winning streak . Surely the coaches must see that we need to work on defending our blue line and when that fails , quickly getting the puck out of our zone. 

The skies not falling yet , we’re in a good place in the standings, but , there’s got to be some awareness by coaching as to why we get hemmed in our zone so badly. 

It's probably overcoaching. The players are like:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay a wise poster brought up trading  Bo Horvat for Brady tkachuk.....better

I used Bo cause his the only Bo that comes to mind and BT and Brady tkachuk cause BT is one of a kind. 

Brandon Tanev

Just now, xereau said:

Has Green lost the room?

I see the players doing pirouettes in their position in the collapse star, but there's essentially very little effort being made, which is the only thing that makes such a system work.

I wouldnt say that. The are an emotional team and get down on them selves. Thats why we see such different teams depending on how they are feeling. Quick goals deflated them early 

• Cheers 1