The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 09, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Ever think if you don't get who BT is ,maybe the post isn't for you but the poster that put the poll in the Game day thread about the trade.....

OK, thanks I will check with Al, Sf and Pb in the future.

Thanks iatr, ca. ;)

4 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Heck yah! Fire Delorme ... that old chestnut hasn't been mentioned in a while.

regards,  G.

PS; just kidding about Delorme.

Get rid of that brackett guy too. What has he done .lol 

1 minute ago, billabong said:

I like winning a lot better than this! :lol:

Don’t judge a team on 2 bad losses

still a long road ahead and some winnable games coming up

Canucks sweep the weekend to bring balance back to the force

2 atrocious losses makes a guy question the ability of this team. Those aren’t just losses, those are monumental collapses. Says a lot about this team. 

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

"A weird bounce on the first goal"? No, that was simply a bad pass by Hughes. He saw the hit coming so he panicked and threw the puck away into the Panthers' player's skates. QH is fun to watch sometimes, but his defensive play has a lot of room for improvement.

20 minutes ago, 6string said:

They were real nervous and tentative before that raucous, ear splitting loud crowd of 6,135 fans.

Man have ya ever heard such great audio from the ice with that empty arena?

They must have amplifiers all around the arena and the team employees standing around cheering into a microphone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 6string said:

OK, thanks I will check with Al, Sf and Pb in the future.

Thanks iatr, ca. ;)

Okay your a dick lol atleast mine has context ,kinda different. I'm also using them as to reference the trade enforcer brought up cause I wanted to know the poll. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Disappointing effort by the team after that 9-2 loss. 

Players are playing too loose with no defensive coverage. We have a big problem if the best two lines tonight were our 3rd and 4th lines. 

Not too psyched about keyboard warriors coming alive again with some ridiculous claim that coach takes full blame for these two games... uhhhh 

Only if our players were as tenacious as them tonight... 

And did you give Green the credit for wins?

the coach is ultimately responsible for the on ice performance. That’s how it works 

we have not been in the playoffs under Green and are headed for yet another year out of the playoffs 

do you think those are acceptable results? 

you think not having a defensive system and getting outshot game after game is ok? 

The most telling comments that Green has ever made were these. When asked after the 9 to 2 loss what he was going to do he said he was going to get the team back on the ice the next day to practice as hockey players need to be on the ice.

That's it.

Ok all you Green lovers.  I have watched with all of you many, many great coaches over the years and they offer a lot more than that pablum.

C'mon.  Where is the great coaching in that statement?

The worst humiliating loss of the year and that is what he says.  Any one recentlywatch the coach of the Seahawks or the Raptors or Scotty Bowman, or the dozens great coaches in history who have made a huge difference for their team and led them to championships?

Green is likeable.  No argument there.  The point is he is not a great coach.  He is ok. He is milk toast. He is not gonna say the wrong thing. He is not an abusive guy. But none of those are reasons to keep a coach.

The people who think we need to change coaches believe that he is not going to win a cup here and that is all.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Dogcrazy said:

So besides the big heavy teams we can't beat, we can't beat the fast and young teams now too...what types of teams in the league we can beat, Coach Green?

"Teams that are smaller, lighter, slower and older than us, of course... And there's none!"

3 minutes ago, TheLastBaron said:

"A weird bounce on the first goal"? No, that was simply a bad pass by Hughes. He saw the hit coming so he panicked and threw the puck away into the Panthers' player's skates. QH is fun to watch sometimes, but his defensive play has a lot of room for improvement.

Like a lot of our players he’s young. Oh wait right he’s a rookie 

• Upvote 1

Myers.

You can really see the potential in Myers. He's fast, has a good shot and is a big guy with a great reach.

But potential doesn't really help much alone. 

What we need is another dominant dman and I was hoping he was the one but so far he is not.

At least I was hoping for a much more intimidating player.

Disappointed with that so far. He just doesn't scream experience.