The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 09, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For sure. LA, much like Vancouver, has been in the league a long time and was due. Vegas can’t die a painful death. Like with spiders, spikes, and soiled diapers. 

Yup hated the whole thing Vegas as well. Gifted a team. Seems to me they would have done just fine the hard way (fans, money etc) like everyone else. But no NHL had to make it easier for them. I hope they never win a cup

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

To me, this effort was just as bad as our 9-2 Lightning game. 5-2 makes it appear as if we actually competed.

Very disappointing game. Ridiculous turnovers, lazy and bad defensive play killed us once again. 

I also don't understand why Myers gets so much ice time - he is typically awful imo. I know he got his assist tonight, but he typically doesn't contribute much offensively, makes bonehead defensive plays, is lazy on the puck, doesn't often his as his size would suggest, and telegraphs his passes so much he might as well yell out to the opposing team where they are going first.

3 million d-man? Sure. 4? Maybe if we are being generous. 6? No way.

Coach wants hime to know that he believes in him. He's in our top 4 no matter how you look at it. Nothing good will come of benching your top D men.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Pete DeBoer 

No thanks I’d rather see Green grow with the team. People can rag on the guy all they want. Facts are the Canucks are an extremely young team and have a lot of growth and more players to develop

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, billabong said:

I like winning a lot better than this! :lol:

Don’t judge a team on 2 bad losses

still a long road ahead and some winnable games coming up

Canucks sweep the weekend to bring balance back to the force

pretty sure this was said during that abysmal losing streak in November,time for someone to hit the bricks.

2 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

No thanks I’d rather see Green grow with the team. People can rag on the guy all they want. Facts are the Canucks are an extremely young team and have a lot of growth and more players to develop

Not by much and no assurance of them being better then either.

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

People are using LA as a comparison point for the Canucks and like to dump on them. They still have true difference makers, and the WILL to fight back when things go south. 

Literally started rebuilding a couple of years ago? You’re kidding, right? 

Players like Pettersson and Hughes are amazing. They’re elite and will be for years. Outside of those two? I struggle to see who’s showing that they can handle a playoff series. 

lol. 

Those difference makers on LA that you talk about weren't built in the regular season. 

Playoff experience is needed for a core to develop and learn in a pressure environment.

You talk about a player's "will" but that's purely subjective.

What's to say Boeser can't be the guy in a few years to score the stanley cup winning goal?

Maybe even Gaudette being a playoff hero?

How many times did the Sedins, Kesler and Burrows fail before making it to the final in 2011?

Considering that most of the canucks new core haven't played a single playoff game as of yet it's premature to judge whether they can or cannot handle the playoffs (that's including Petey and Hughes).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I remembered at the same time like 2 or 3 years ago when the Canucks went on a lengthy winning streak and then took a nose-dive to the bottom of the standings the rest of the way...

I hope history is not repeating itself.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Ummm, I was crapping on Baumer even during the win streak. 

Still can't believe JB extended him.

Yes I recall Lucky. Not sure what role coaching staff actually plays from skills through structure through deployment. I do know you can’t coach what Quinn can do. I’m guessing you can’t coach athleticism. I do believe we are moving the puck out of our end much better this year but we still allow too many goals plain and simple. Defence is one hell of a humbling position to play at times.The game is just so incredibly fast these days and one single blown assignment will hurt you.

• Upvote 1