The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Florida Panthers | Jan. 09, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yup like I said they ain’t there yet. There’s more meat to add to the team for sure. But you also need speed and skill. If you noticed JB went out and got the skill. Then you look at a draft like last year and you got more meat coming. 

Kind of funny you say that when Green ain’t letting Baer and Goldie ( wish them nothing but the best and another chance on another team) have much of of an opportunity on this team cause they already have “Soft Skill” The kind that can put the puck in the net.

This ain’t the season to shed tears over this team. Sorry doesn’t scare me at all and feel I have been quite realistic.

Yeah...you’re right...you must be out of tears following this team the last 4-5 years...my condolences..

1 minute ago, GritGrinder said:

Yeah...you’re right...you must be out of tears following this team the last 4-5 years...my condolences..

Why? What’s the point of this? Why even bother replying If that’s going to be your response.

30 minutes ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

Wins against top teams this season: 

St. Louis, Florida 7-2, Nashville, Washington, Edmonton (2), Vegas, Pittsburgh

I was waiting for someone to react negatively to your post didn’t take long haha. Cheers my friend

39 minutes ago, 180sret said:

Actually been guesting since 2010, signed up a couple of years ago. Don't get many Canuck games to watch, kind of relying on CDC for any info on the team, But damn Son, am getting so tired of hearing the same 12 posters screaming for everyones head in every thread. Before you ask I remember their first game in 1970!

Pleased to hear from someone else who has been a fan since day 1.  We've watched 50 years of highs and lows and here we still are supporting the team - through the good times and the not-so-good.  We are, simply, fans of the Vancouver Canucks and rejoice in their victories, commiserate with one another in their defeats.  We'll cheer them on next game and hope for a better showing, but we'll always be hard core fans.

Cheers.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GritGrinder said:

Only the most delusional Canuck fan considers 3 of the 7 wins above against the Oil and Predators as “top teams”

this season...how do you explain the losses to NJ(2), Montreal, Anaheim, SJ...all “bottom” teams by your Canuck coloured world view...

Oilers:  Have you check the standing lately?  The Oilers are in playoff spot - 3rd in the pacific and 6th in the West overall.

The Predators have a good team and under achieving this year.  They are always in the playoffs. 

1st in the central last year -100 pts

1st in the central 2 years ago - 117 pts  

Vegas lost to the Kings tonight, 5-2    How do you explain the loss to the lowly Kings? 

Too much time spent at the Spearmint Rhino?

This young Canuck team is just getting started, they were picked to finish near the bottom again this year but surprising even the experts.

Lets enjoy the ride, up and downs of course.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

So what you're saying is sometimes it takes time for perfection...that it isn't always on the first go 'round or immediate.  Takes work.

That you give it a go and sometimes have to reset because you've tried, but it wasn't perfect.  You don't abandon things, you go back at it in order to learn and move forward.

Hmmm....let's extend that patience to our players.  ;)

no I said "No to knitting"... because of all that extra work n patience n shi*&^

nice try at putting words in my mouth though

wink back at cha

Edited by lmm

I had a bit of a bad feeling before the road trip began that we would get 2 or 3 points at most. Now I worry that it's coming true... 

I have a feeling that we will lose to Buffalo, but I'm hoping that it goes to OT at least. Somehow get this feeling that we are going to lost to Minny but beat the Jets. Hope my gut feel is wrong and we come out with 6 points on this road trip.

4 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

The oilers and their real coach won 

the Canucks and their fake coach lost 

we have never made the playoffs under Green and we never will

get DeBoer in here now and save this season JB  

First of all, Green needed a team to coach - hasn’t had one in Vancouver till this year, and the key players are still very ‘green’.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

First of all, Green needed a team to coach - hasn’t had one in Vancouver till this year, and the key players are still very ‘green’.

Think about it though. We really should get DeBoer you know all those Cups he won with those stacked Sharks teams. Haha

2 hours ago, 6YPE said:

I said it last game and I'll say it again, there isn't enough snarl in the back end. We need at least one D man that's nasty to play against, put a little fear into the opposition and make them keep their heads up. 

Jett Woo is coming.

• Cheers 1

I don't why people are all over Green again. Did Green tell Hughes to pass up the middle? Did Green tell Miller to cough up the puck in the neutral zone (there's no way because surely Green would've told his players to dump and chase)? Did Green tell Jake to miss an open net?

We fell behind early from the Hughes gaffe and we took chances that ended up being costly trying to come back because we couldn't string passes together and players were bobbling the puck.

Green did make the decision to get Boeser back on EP's wing even though he had Jake in his spot in practice and Brock was rewarded with a goal.

The team suddenly loss their confidence again and need to bounce back once again. Let's just hope we do so sooner this time around, but the players need to execute better as well.

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

First reasonable coach post in a PGT here in a while. 

Agree with this, Green gets the year with his team and decision forward made from the results. 

I think Green is safe until December next year even if we don't make the playoffs this year. He'll be given a chance to hit the ground running for next season and if they struggle then they'll make a change.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Fan since 82 said:

I think Green is safe until December next year even if we don't make the playoffs this year. He'll be given a chance to hit the ground running for next season and if they struggle then they'll make a change.

I think the sooner people accept this, then they can focus on other parts of the game rather than trying to find ways to fire Green.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Think about it though. We really should get DeBoer you know all those Cups he won with those stacked Sharks teams. Haha

ha I called San Jose to win the cup about 12 years ago 

what is that about 4 coaches ago?

they let me down then... but never again